Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

User Info Menu

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple software for practice, I do not like to much the monotonity of a metronome. Im confused with all the pricy options out there, ez drummer for instance. Is there any (possible free) software you could recommend. No android or ios app please, it should run under windows.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Drum genius gets positive reviews, around here. The simplest practice app, for me, is iReal book. Neither are free, but they're very reasonable.

User Info Menu

Hydrogen is freeware and I believe there's a windows version.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster View Post
    Drum genius gets positive reviews, around here. The simplest practice app, for me, is iReal book. Neither are free, but they're very reasonable.
    Not bad indeed, but I ended up with being frustrated when trying to use if for practicing bass. Basic loops are good like the basic swing with brushes, but the more sophisticated ones, like the funk ones, aren't easily usable for what one would like to play.
    Perfection is in the Details, but Perfection isn't a Detail (Leonardo da Vinci)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by strumcat View Post
    Hydrogen is freeware and I believe there's a windows version.
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of this, previously.

Hydrogen

User Info Menu

I use hydrogen occasionally. I find it useful for memorizing difficult music with lots of meter changes, as it's pretty easy to use. It's helpful to know some basic drum patterns. I think Drumgenius is great.

In my endless quest to improve my time, my favorite metronome is (the free) time bandit.

software |

it's infinitely flexible, but works immediately "right out of the box". The idea here is that it drops out, first one bar, then 2 bars, etc, and so forces you to keep close track of time.

Hydrogen is what I was looking for! Thx!