The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I have been a Finale customer for over 20 years.

I got a email offer to upgrade at a good price.

I went to upgrade only to discover they no longer offer a install CD only download. I tried downloading their software on the past. It took hours then never finished. The CD worked fine.

Sent a email to make music and this is the response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for contacting the MakeMusic Customer Success team!

I am sorry to have to tell you that we no longer offer installation media (CD/DVD discs or USB flash drives) for any of our products. I would, however recommend that you consider one of the two following options:

1. Take your computer to a place where they have strong public internet connectivity (i.e. library, coffee shop,etc.) and try the download from there
    2. Download the installation package on a public computer (i.e. library, school, etc), then copy it to your computer using a USB flash drive

I am sorry that I don't have a direct solution for you, but I hope this information helps you to move forward. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this.

Cheers!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe they have just lost me as a customer.
    Is there any other notation software that comes on a disc.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

The USB flash drive is very simple and is the modern equivalent. Much faster. Get a grand kid to do it.

CD's are going the way of floppy discs...

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    The USB flash drive is very simple and is the modern equivalent. Much faster. Get a grand kid to do it.

CD's are going the way of floppy discs...
    As it says in their reply they don't do flash drives either.

I don't need a grandchild, I can do it myself.

Right. I was referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by BBGuitar
    1. Download the installation package on a public computer (i.e. library, school, etc), then copy it to your computer using a USB flash drive
    Download is just the way now.

User Info Menu

Time to join the 21st century.

I did join the 21st century.

I got rid of anything with tubes years ago.

Long downloads are a problem here in Amish country.

I assume the website/browser does not allow you to resume downloads. Another option to consider might be to try to download it from an FTP server using an FTP client (e.g. Filezilla). This would allow you to resume the download as many times as you need, so you'll eventually get the entire file. The main issue with this is that you need to know and trust a person that would download the installation file instead of you, and upload it to an FTP server that you can download from.
    Or simply get someone to download it, and ship a usb drive to you.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible pink unicorn
    I assume the website/browser does not allow you to resume downloads. Another option to consider might be to try to download it from an FTP server using an FTP client (e.g. Filezilla). This would allow you to resume the download as many times as you need, so you'll eventually get the entire file. The main issue with this is that you need to know and trust a person that would download the installation file instead of you, and upload it to an FTP server that you can download from.
    Or simply get someone to download it, and ship a usb drive to you.
    If I have to go through all that and pay for the software to then I'll go with one of the free programs.

All of my earlier versions came on a disc. I am willing to pay a little extra, It seems they don't want to take my money.

User Info Menu

In that case you might as well try MuseScore.

Free music composition and notation software | MuseScore

Quote Originally Posted by BBGuitar
    If I have to go through all that and pay for the software to then I'll go with one of the free programs.

All of my earlier versions came on a disc. I am willing to pay a little extra, It seems they don't want to take my money.
    I guess there are very few people with this issue, so it's not worth it to them to address it.

If you decide to go back to this, I'm happy to provide FTP instructions.