Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

User Info Menu

Folks, I really want to print out my own sheet music in guitar tabulature. I tried Musecore a couple of year back and it kicked my brain's butt.

I know everything has a learning curve but Guitar Pro looks easy enough and prints out some nice tabs.

Does anyone have any comments or advice on this? Thanks in advance.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you want Guitar Pro you'd better get tuxguitar - essentially the same but a freeware. Guitar Pro is fine but it has some quirks I don't get along with - the way triplets are written for example. I've been using powertab for years and although it doesn't get updated anymore I have always acchieved excellent results using it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    If you want Guitar Pro you'd better get tuxguitar - essentially the same but a freeware. Guitar Pro is fine but it has some quirks I don't get along with - the way triplets are written for example. I've been using powertab for years and although it doesn't get updated anymore I have always acchieved excellent results using it.
    Thanks for responding and for the specifics. Triplets notation is super-important to me since I use them to spice up phrases.

I will look into this tux guitar. I have had many songs in my head that I have forgotten and if I have some tabulature, I can write them out and preserve them to go along with a recording.

I want a quality printing.

User Info Menu

Guitar Pro, yes. My version has a CD in the box. Although, I haven't printed anything from the software.

User Info Menu

I just remembered that someone on Youtube had a very nice video on Guitar Pro. Here is the one for Guitar Pro 7:

I am going to have to search a little harder for the Tuxguitar videos.

Am I the only poor SOB around here that prints out and writes out his songs on sheet music?

User Info Menu

OK.

I like to write songs. I need some decent software. I don't have a lot of money.

Guitar Pro it is.

User Info Menu

A bit late but yes GP7 prints just fine. I use it to print to .pdf format

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft View Post
    A bit late but yes GP7 prints just fine. I use it to print to .pdf format
    Thanks, Rob. And I agree. What I see in the video is better than what I used to see back in the Guitar Pro 4 days. Band in a Box allows for some printing but I don't think it is to this level.

Between this GP7, BIAB and neck diagrams, I am all set! One more video for those that might be curious. It seems pretty easy to navigate this program.

for creating chord diagrams: