Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: forscore App

forscore App

Just put forscore on my ipad3
    (and after a bit of faffing about with csv indexes)

i'm loving it
    its great to be able to instantly search and find tunes on your real book pdf's

£10 , recommended...

looks cool. So do you find it hard to read the music on such a small screen?

another question, you can literally take all your pdf fake books and and put them on the iPad and this thing will help you index them?

trying to wrap my head around the benefits here

Forscore is an amazing app.

The level of organization that you can do with it is great.

I have the Django Fakebook on there as well as lots of other pdfs. The ability to index is very useful when you want to pull up a tune quickly.

Another think I like is that you can add audio files to indexed items, so I use it to add the corresponding backing track to a tune and use it to practice.

I have an iPad Pro and use the Apple pencil. I use the Apple pencil to mark up music in forscore as well and to take notes within the sheet music.

Ah, I didn't know about those csv indexes! Wonderful Another argument justifying this new 12.9" iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Runepune View Post
    Ah, I didn't know about those csv indexes! Wonderful Another argument justifying this new 12.9" iPad
    I love the 12.9" iPad Pro. Using the Apple pencil and the split screen feature has been a game changer for me. I can have videos playing on one side and the sheet music on the other side. Then I can mark up the sheet music while I am listening/watching the video.

Another thing I do is watch videos on one half and then on the other half take notes on the video in a note taking app on the other half.

I commute 40 minutes on the bus each way to and from work so I get lots of use out of my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    I love the 12.9" iPad Pro. Using the Apple pencil and the split screen feature has been a game changer for me. I can have videos playing on one side and the sheet music on the other side. Then I can mark up the sheet music while I am listening/watching the video.

Another thing I do is watch videos on one half and then on the other half take notes on the video in a note taking app on the other half.

I commute 40 minutes on the bus each way to and from work so I get lots of use out of my iPad.
    Yeah, the 12.9" + pencil is perfect for musicians who need to read scores. Everything in one place, no need for lights on the stand, turning pages with the foot ++. I had a regular iPad but it was just too small for reading.

Then there's LumaFusion for video editing on the road, Auria for recording, and Procreate for artwork. I thoroughly enjoy this thing

A question: do you know if it's possible to add indexes/bookmarks to a setlist in Forscore? Seems I can only add the whole pdf...?
    Last edited by Runepune; 02-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runepune View Post
    Yeah, the 12.9" + pencil is perfect for musicians who need to read scores. Everything in one place, no need for lights on the stand, turning pages with the foot ++. I had a regular iPad but it was just too small for reading.

Then there's LumaFusion for video editing on the road, Auria for recording, and Procreate for artwork. I thoroughly enjoy this thing

A question: do you know if it's possible to add indexes/bookmarks to a setlist in Forscore? Seems I can only add the whole pdf...?

I'm not sure about indexes for setlists but I used these resources to help with indexes for pdfs.

forScore | Using Indexes to create bookmarks

Yeah, I've done the indexing. I just can't see a way to create setlists from those indexes

EDIT: I found out how. You need to set an "end page" for the index. So, instead of choosing the "start page", as described in that video, I chose "start page/end page".
    Last edited by Runepune; 02-12-2019 at 08:00 PM.

How do folks here compare it with iGigbook? I've used iGigbook for several years but some things are quite awkward and am considering giving forscore a spin.

yeah, and if anybody can comment on feature comparisons with Unreal Book, too, that would be great.

Sorry I can't do a comparison with unreal or igigbook
    i've only used the forscore , at that only lightly so far

i got Forscore on a recommendation from a friend pro player
    he said "it's what we all use" to share set lists etc etc

(this is is in London UK)

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed