The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

Neck Diagrams 2 is coming

Looking forward to this.

Okay, the release was delayed from 28 February until 14 March. The title of this thread was changed today (3/1/19)

See below (a few posts below) for a video with highlights of the new version.
    Last edited by MarkRhodes; 03-01-2019 at 10:34 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark! Have been considering to purchase it for quite a long time - maybe it's about time now!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hey looks cool. Is the demo the Standard, or Pro version?

I'm very interested in this. Looks like with the new tools, you might be able to do something much more like Ted Greene -style chord melody diagrams from within Neck Diagrams itself.

The paste feature - between chord grids - alone makes this a no-brainer though. Great tool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    I'm very interested in this. Looks like with the new tools, you might be able to do something much more like Ted Greene -style chord melody diagrams from within Neck Diagrams itself.

The paste feature - between chord grids - alone makes this a no-brainer though. Great tool.
    Matt, do you teach guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758
    Yeah. Not jazz really though.

I actually do a lot of things in teaching and playing CM which are outside of jazz though, basic triads for a lot of it. Anyway, there's no notational framework better for conveying chord melody than Ted Greene's way IMO. I'm really excited about this new product, if it will do what I think it might.

User Info Menu

Just saw this email. Frustrating because I'm at the start of a huge project and reluctant to continue with the old version just to have to redo everything with the new version.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758
    No, his name is his big three loves, guitar, tea, and Cher.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    No, his name is his big three loves, guitar, tea, and Cher.
    Ha. I'll have to work that into my Sig somehow... :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Hey looks cool. Is the demo the Standard, or Pro version?
    Anyone know?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Anyone know?
    I think the software is the same for all versions (as far as making diagrams goes) but that with the publisher version, you have more options for exporting documents. More info here.
    Neck Diagrams 2 is coming

I pre-ordered the Publisher version and will know more once I have it.

User Info Menu

The video uses the Pro version. The standard version doesn't include the scale generator wizard or transpose feature. I bought the Pro version due to the ability to export to various formats.

User Info Menu

Today is the day the new version was supposed to come out.

Did anyone get it yet?

I pre-ordered it but haven't yet gotten it.

User Info Menu

I received an email earlier today that it will be ready later today, 3/14 (3pm GMT) and the link still says that it will be released later today. Here is what I see on the the page now...

"NECK DIAGRAMS 2 WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE LATER TODAY !

We'll post to our Facebook page and also send an email once it's ready.. If you've placed a pre-order please bear with us, we don't have control over when the payment processor processes the payments, and unfortunately due to family circumstances we're not quite ready - BUT NEARLY THERE!"

User Info Menu

Looks like the download link is finally posted.. Downloading it now. Can't wait to get it installed and fire it up for a test drive.

User Info Menu

I got the link and downloaded it but when I try to register it, I get an error message. Maybe later in the day they'll have it all ironed out.

User Info Menu

Downloaded, installed and registered. All my stuff ported over and I am able to run ND1 and ND2 side by side without issue. The only issue I've seen so far is that a bunch of my diagrams (built from same custom template I created) did not port over the correct text color on the fret board dots. It might have something to do with the way I created them and the default colors but in any case I could not read them and they had to be corrected manually which is now done. The rest of my diagrams (most of them actually) ported just fine. Have not spent any time actually using it yet but it looks really nice and I like the feature set. Look forward to exploring it. I am a fan of the product!

User Info Menu

Mine is now registered.

User Info Menu

2 questions:

Can you choose how many frets that you want?
    Does it also do simple black and white diagrams?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bako
    2 questions:

Can you choose how many frets that you want?
    Does it also do simple black and white diagrams?

Thanks

Yes to both questions.

You dictate the starting fret and the number of frets for each diagram.

You can also dictate the color of every element in a diagram.