The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

My aversion toward the cost of developing film is what pushed me into digital. Which I eventually attempted to combine with my love of recording. And then I realized that if you take a bunch of pictures and string them together so they move, and add sounds, you get a movie. So now I'm studying film.

Which is to say, if you want to combine audio and video in a decent (or better) way, then:

There are going to be compromises. I advise you to make your peace with them. Perfect being the enemy of good and all that. Seek out a liveable solution while allocating as few mental and financial resources as possible and then play some guitar. Trust me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It works for our act as we can take all the outputs coming out of the Mackie mixer...multi girl pop singers, multi instruments, including Roland TD 50 drums and backing tracks and feed right into the Zoom input direct, while video taping. I would rather have good sound quality than video quality if I need to choose for 200 dollars. Nothing is worse that a live act with squashed out audio. Direct audio input, bypassing air and exterior noises. Saves having to edit and sync audio and video as well.

For a quick demo video the girls can lip sync with a prerecorded studio feed coming directly into the camera while external audio plays out the PA for the band and singers basically faking it. Same method pro video shoots are done.

The Hybrid Dance Band | ReverbNation

User Info Menu

Can anyone recommend the exact SM card that fits the newest Zoom Q2n-4k? I was told any SM card worked. I looked at the one included with the camera called the SanDisk Ultra plus 32 GB v30 but I can't find anyplace it will plug into the camera and it has a converter with a regular size (USB) computer connection. This has been frustrating experience. No AC adapter, no card, no connector. All I want the card for is to be able to take photos away from the computer. I was able to make a test video of solo guitar and it works as a webcam, but needs an extension cable to film from anywhere but a foot or two from the computer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent View Post
    Can anyone recommend the exact SM card that fits the newest Zoom Q2n-4k? I was told any SM card worked. I looked at the one included with the camera called the SanDisk Ultra plus 32 GB v30 but I can't find anyplace it will plug into the camera and it has a converter with a regular size (USB) computer connection. This has been frustrating experience. No AC adapter, no card, no connector. All I want the card for is to be able to take photos away from the computer. I was able to make a test video of solo guitar and it works as a webcam, but needs an extension cable to film from anywhere but a foot or two from the computer.
    I had to buy a UHS-1 MicroSD card for mine (as well as an AC Adaptor and a connector cable). Mine did not come with the MicroSD card. The card plugs in inside the battery compartment (without the converter).

The sound quality is great, the video quality is OK.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much! As you can tell, I am new to the camera. I didn't know the SM card went inside the battery compartment. It works now. It's odd that neither the instruction manual nor the videos and ads I looked at mentioned where to put the SM card. I guess it is assumed that everyone will know this in the high tech age?

BTW I am enjoying the Blu6. There's something different about the high end tone that doesn't bother my ears. Thanks for introducing me to it.

User Info Menu

Kind of an old thread, but anyone considering the Zoom camera lines can also consider the Gopros. I have since bought a couple and much prefer them over the Zoom ones for gig recording, as they are better at low light and much easier to handle. But one can do the job with both models.