Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
    Has anyone used Reaper on a project? I'm thinking about downloading and using it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, I have. It is awesome

I've used Sonar Producer, ProTools, and Reaper. Protools is probably as good as Reaper but it costs so much more. Reaper rules. imho
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

Thank you for replying Fep. I've watched some video about Reaper and it looked amazing.
    And the licsense cost is completely affordable. I appreciate your time.

User Info Menu

My history so far:

24 track (C64)
    1st Track (Atari)
    Notator/Creator (Atari)
    Cubase (PC)
    Protools Session 8 (PC)
    Cubase again
    Cakewalk
    Logic
    Cubase again

I'm getting bored here... ...

now Reaper... simply the best.. love it!!!

:-D

--- The ultimate answer to almost all guitar questions: "Practice more!" ---

Thank you DonEsteban. I appreciate your reply and time. And may I ask you both...are you running this on a Mac or a PC?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Montgomery View Post
    Thank you for replying Fep. I've watched some video about Reaper and it looked amazing.
    And the licsense cost is completely affordable. I appreciate your time.
    The tutorial videos on the Reaper site are great, I usually mention those when I recommend Reaper.

REAPER | Videos
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

I am sold on Reaper! I've used Pro Tools some years ago, Cubase, Presous Studio One, Mixcraft, Sound Forge, Cakewalk
    and Tracktion among others. What I found with Reason that has made it my go-to DAW: price ($60 for amateurs like me), it recognizes more VST plugins than any other DAW I've tried, and it's insanely customizable. Also, I'm running on on a cheap seven-year-old Window machine and it's flawless. Bottom line: I'm sticking with Reaper!

Thank you again fep. I watched the first few videos and was hooked.

Thank you Robert for your time here. I'm definitely downloading this software.

User Info Menu

Cakewalk is now 100% free from BandLab. That is an insane game changer in the world of DAW.

User Info Menu

Reaper is great!!!
    Pete Martin - just a mandolin guy but loves jazz guitar
    www.PetimarPress.com
    Www.Jazz-Mandolin.com
    Pete Plays Wes free download
    www.jazz-mandolin.com/PetePlaysWes.xht

Thank you for letting me know. I'm definitely going with Reaper.

User Info Menu

I've not really become 'expert' at any recording SW, but over the years I've always had something.
    Sonar in the late 1980's, then more recently Ableton that came free with some audio interface gear purchase.
    Abelton seemed more geared to live performance maybe? I used it for recording, but then I found Reaper and never looked back.

Seems like there's already a good consensus here that Reaper is worthwhile, so let me just pile on another +1 vote for it

John

Thank you for the feed back John. I appreciate it.

User Info Menu

Another thumbs up for Reaper. Great support forum too.