Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Notation Software -- Linux ??

What are you Linux-users writing with?
    "Don't worry about that. Everybody talks about finding your voice. Do your homework and your voice will find you." - Branford Marsalis

Impro-Visor. It's about all I know of, although I really haven't done much investigation.

3. If you're familiar with LaTeX, you might find LilyPond interesting: LilyPond – Music notation for everyone: LilyPond... music notation for everyone

I'm a Linux user and make Soundslice, which is web based notation software (tab and standard notation). It's really good, if I may say. Give it a shot: Soundslice notation editor and tab editor

Adrian

I've used Noteflight with a chromebook which is a Linux based system.

Noteflight - LinuxMusicians

Music Notation Software for Linux: a Progress Report, Part 2 | Linux Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry View Post
    What are you Linux-users writing with?

Musescore3 appimage 64bit open source
    runs fine on puppy linux a bit laggier than say Win7 64

I have seen videos in which people use Guitar Pro 5 and Guitar Pro 6 ( I think they are up to six). Again, I am not sure but GP 6 costs around 80.00 bucks but you can still get the older Guitar Pro 5 for around 50.00 at Musician's Friend.

I was planning on researching this to see if it is the best option. I would use it to tab my licks and songs, and maybe play songs created by others on the different websites. I don't need all the other stuff it has.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
    I have seen videos in which people use Guitar Pro 5 and Guitar Pro 6 ( I think they are up to six).
    They're at GP version 7 now.

Before you buy that, I'd suggest checking out the free Soundslice tab editor. It can also import Guitar Pro files.

Adrian

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed