The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzthebee
    Maybe with the 'freeze' track function. I'll have to investigate.
    ok I had a look, I think I sort of got away with it only because I used a very slow ballad tempo. The time/feel differences between the electric piano and the swing bass/drums were not very noticeable.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Hi all,

If anyone bought BIB 2016 in the last couple of weeks and saw that they have BIB 2017 out now as I did....

You can send them an email & then they'll ask for proof of purchase & once provided, get you hooked up with the new version.

Joe

User Info Menu

Joe,

This thread has been helpful. I know there have been plenty of BIAB threads, but as a new BIAB user, it's nice to see a fresh victim like myself who shares the same struggles getting acquainted with the tool. I'm always skeptical about downloads because of today's climate of viruses and bad juju on the intertubes, but I did check out some of the links above. They help. Keep moving forward man!

Thanks,

S

User Info Menu

Was just watching some Jimmy Bruno vids on YouTube and saw band in a box.
    JOE whats jimmy bruno say about BB..

Quote Originally Posted by voxss
    JOE whats jimmy bruno say about BB..
    Hi voxss,

He mentioned it in passing that he would give his students a backing track made with BIB of them to practice with. I think it was on one of his "Ask Jimmy Bruno ...." YouTube vids. If I run into it again, I'll post the link.

joe

User Info Menu

BIAB and FL Studio works for me. I do a lot of random stuff in FL Studio and for something jazz related I just use the bass and RealDrums in BIAB. The basslines can be lame in BIAB so I'll probably wind up editing them in FL Studio.
    I don't want backing tracks to sound too real. Just better than a stock track. I don't even want to learn the Piano Roll editing in BIAB. FL is perfect for that.
    IMO, overall, BIAB is a very good program.

User Info Menu

I think I'm gonna get BIAB Pro also...Sweetwater has it for $99 right now. The PG site sells it at $129, so I think it's a decent deal, if not a Cyber Monday blowout.