The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

I've had iReal for a long time and probably used 10% of the features - I either entered a chord progression or pulled up a popular one to practice over. Some tracks were surprisingly pleasant on the ear, some very cheesy, but for my purpose I just wanted a tempo and some chords.

Since I've been trying to become a jazz guitarist, though, it's been a revelation. I installed the '1300 Standards' pack and I haven't searched for something that wan't there yet. By pulling up standards I've really started to understand a lot about jazz progressions and even made my own ones that I've exported to use as a rough template in Logic, later adding my own live bass and other instruments.
    Last edited by davidBb; 02-13-2016 at 05:10 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa
    Yes.

I have it on my Android and Jam along and even have written a few rough sketches on it.

I can't get the chord resolution fine enough for the Styles I actually use and have contacted the Developer to request paid
    Upgrade Packs with other Styles and finer
    Resolution on chord placement.

But it is a cool App.

I have an Android Phone with a hi end Audio Chip so it sounds pretty good -I like the Piano sound...

I want to do some collaborative threads on expanded Blues Forms etc. where the
    Guys can suggest different Sections and
    Modulations etc.

I am experimenting with having the bar line slice right through the Chord ( lol) to get it a little funkier..

Obviously it's not a Midi Rig where I program everything but I can get a feel for
    Key Changes ...and Chord Character

And also - some Tunes on there are really cool to Jam experiment with...try ideas..

Which Section of the Forum would we use for Collaborating ...etc.?

Like an Ireal Thread ?
    Great idea. I would assume that we would use this forum--'Recording and Software.' This thread could be used, or else a new one could be started.

Quote Originally Posted by davidBb
    I've had iReal for a long time and probably used 10% of the features - I either entered a chord progression or pull up a popular one to practice over. Some tracks were surprisingly pleasant on the ear, some very cheesy, but for my purpose I just wanted a tempo and some chords.

Since I've been trying to become a jazz guitarist, though, it's been a revelation. I installed the '1300 Standards' pack and I haven't searched for something that wan't there yet. By pulling up standards I've really started to understand a lot about jazz progressions and even made my own ones that I've exported to use as a rough template in Logic, later adding my own live bass and other instruments.
    Thats a great idea. I don't have Logic, but would like to get it in the future.