Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

new Band in a Box 2016 has a crooner 9 part Horns real track..quite a good sound but i really wanted a Kenny Burrel big band.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

maybe one day we will see The Broadway Big Band in Band in a BOX

User Info Menu

If I bought the cheaper version without the real tracks couldn't I just have it drive my Sample Tank software? I have very little experience with BIAB and don't see what the drawbacks might be just having it drive some other sound patch software instead of forking out all that dough on something (Real Tracks) I might already have basically.

hi geoff,i think the answer is YES....

.Geoff,im waiting for a Yamaha UX- 16 midi cable to connect my TYROS 4...good luck with sampletank..

User Info Menu

That's great. I'll just send midi tracks to Reaper & insert Sample Tank. Hundreds of choices in ST.

User Info Menu

Still undecided
    Should I upgrade from BIAB 2015, (about $150 with the bonus disk),
    or put that money toward another guitar.

Last edited by dhd; 12-24-2015 at 04:25 PM.

im NOT.....

User Info Menu

Jack - Nice to see you on the forums here.

For someone who does not have a version of BIAB, which version of their software would you recommend if the purpose is to get a good assortment of the Real Tracks for jazz accompaniment? I suppose the Everything Pak is the simplest response but I think that's fairly expensive if you are not upgrading. I have zero experience with BIAB. I use Sibelius to do some of the same type of thing but I suspect BIAB Real Tracks are more sophisticated at this point.

Also, if you had to choose PC versus Mac versions, which would you choose and why?
    Last edited by targuit; 12-31-2015 at 12:24 PM.

User Info Menu

I was also a little pissed when "everything" showed to be less than everything.

But "everything pak" don't have more real tracks the cheaper "ultra plus pak".

Only difference seem to be a video toturial and a lesson pak, which sounds terrible on my PC, but maybe there is a hidden button or you have to pay more $.

User Info Menu

I have been using the 2016 BIAB since it was released and found it to be as Jack Zucker stated, the best BIAB released ever. BIAB does have a learning curve but it is worth the time and effort you give to the product. I am still learning how to use the new style picker but it does a particularly good job for backing tracks. I highly recommend BIAB for anyone who wants a quick way to learn about music.

wiz (Howie)
    Howie

User Info Menu

I have a question that perhaps you can answer for me.

I currently do not use BIAB, and have very limited experience with any form of this practice technique. In the '70s, I had some Jamey Aebersold LP's and books, and occasionally play along with youtube of some of my favorite players, like Joe Pass, etc.

Now, I'd like to jump into it. I've read this thread, and my question relates to versions. The thread is about 2016 everything pac, and I wonder if as a newbie to BIAB, it might be cost effective to try and locate an earlier version maybe? Would there be that great of an increment on the margin in terms of functionality to a newcomer, versus the price? Occasionally you see earlier versions in the F/S section, and experienced folks like you typically have them sitting around, yes?

Comments, suggestions, advice?

Thanks,

Steve

User Info Menu

Howie - I would address the same question to you as an experienced user that I posed to Jack Z. I have no experience with BIAB. My desire is to use the Real Tracks to create more realistic jazz rhythm section tracks on home recordings as well as to experiment with other styles besides jazz. But that would be my main objective. Is there a 'best bang for the dollar' option here?

If you were starting from scratch with BIAB with that objective, which version would you pick? I have a MacBook now about six years old and an aging PC. I would like to put the BIAB on the Mac for portability. And given that I share both computers with my wife and college bound son, hopefully I can get more free access to the program in terms of computer time. When my son heads off to college next fall, the PC will be much more available, but also the Mac.

Not sure if it is relevant, but my Sibelius is on the desktop PC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone View Post
    I have a question that perhaps you can answer for me.

I currently do not use BIAB, and have very limited experience with any form of this practice technique. In the '70s, I had some Jamey Aebersold LP's and books, and occasionally play along with youtube of some of my favorite players, like Joe Pass, etc.

Now, I'd like to jump into it. I've read this thread, and my question relates to versions. The thread is about 2016 everything pac, and I wonder if as a newbie to BIAB, it might be cost effective to try and locate an earlier version maybe? Would there be that great of an increment on the margin in terms of functionality to a newcomer, versus the price? Occasionally you see earlier versions in the F/S section, and experienced folks like you typically have them sitting around, yes?

Comments, suggestions, advice?

Thanks,

Steve
    Well I'm still using the 2011 real tracks version and I see no reason to upgrade it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit View Post
    Howie - I would address the same question to you as an experienced user that I posed to Jack Z. I have no experience with BIAB. My desire is to use the Real Tracks to create more realistic jazz rhythm section tracks on home recordings as well as to experiment with other styles besides jazz. But that would be my main objective. Is there a 'best bang for the dollar' option here?

If you were starting from scratch with BIAB with that objective, which version would you pick? I have a MacBook now about six years old and an aging PC. I would like to put the BIAB on the Mac for portability. And given that I share both computers with my wife and college bound son, hopefully I can get more free access to the program in terms of computer time. When my son heads off to college next fall, the PC will be much more available, but also the Mac.

I would suggest going to their website and be prepared to spend some time checking out the audio samples of the various packs and sets and so on. That's what I did. In the end I worked out the best option for me was to buy the basic version plus a couple of add-on sets i.e. some jazz sets, then later I purchased a few more sets as necessary. I didn't think it was worth buying the whole everything-pak shebang. Also later on I saved money by doing the download-only option when buying additional sets (i.e. not ordering the CD as well). I always burn the downloaded zip files to a CD anyway, so I still end up with a physical copy.

I am talking here about the 2011 version but I imagine the 2016 version is similar. I have no experience of the Mac version by the way, mine is Windows.
    Last edited by grahambop; 01-01-2016 at 04:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit View Post

I would have to recommend the Ultra Plus Pac as the best choice for you because it has all of the real tracks.

wiz (Howie)
    Howie