The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Okay dudes, I still use stand alone digital recorders but at some point I want to broach recording on tablet so I can upload stuff onto y/tube.

I found this....

PreSonus | AudioBox iTwo Studio

It looks like something I can handle without brain busting.

Does anyone here use this or have any experience with presonus, studio one or nimbit?

I'm not tech savvy with the whole software recording stuff and I'm looking for ease of use.

As a complete package would this do?

Thanks in advance

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have that box and I like it a lot, but I might be using it differently than you have in mind.

I use it as a simple USB audio interface for my computer. It started working flawlessly from the moment i opened the box. I use it with a separate application (Reaper), but it comes with recording software as well. I've installed that, but haven't done much with it.

It also works with ipad, which I haven't had a chance to try out.

The mic pres sound good and the monitoring is flexible and good. Especially compared to the last time I bought an audio interface (8-10 years?), it works like a charm and is very price effective!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dingusmingus
    I have that box and I like it a lot, it works like a charm and is very price effective!
    That's cool!

This bundle is on my list.

You say you have an ipad, do you use garageband?

Cheers

User Info Menu

I have used Garageband, and I like it a lot. It's quite cool for straightforward recording. It's quick and fun to use.

I've started using Reaper because I'm using a computer due to various unrelated logistical issues with my set-up. But given the fairly straightforward needs of jazz musicians, Garageband could be all you ever need.

I use an Audiobox (not the iTwo, just the standard USB version) at home, and a StudioLive at work (sometimes). Presonus makes decent, full-featured stuff that working musicians can afford.

In every case in which I've used either one, setup was as easy as it sounds. Install the software, plug in the interface, set it as your input (or inputs in the case of the StudioLive), set up your mics and start recording.

Their software, like any other DAW out there, has a bit of a learning curve. Once you get used to it though, it's just as easy and quick as any others. I have never been able to get my copy to play nice with other software like Superior Drummer, but a lot of that is my fault. I'm sure I could debug it if I had the time to put into such things, but having a new house and a 9 month old kind of take priority over pretty much anything else. I've also used Audacity in a pinch. It's freeware but is super simple and great for quickly tracking ideas.

I bought the Presonus Artist2studio and have problems w latency ,my computer soundcard and getting it to work.
    Struggled all through the holidays.
    Its not for beginners in my opinion.
    3 hours sat in front of the screen with a guitar on my knee is no fun.
    Gone back to fiddly Boss BR and Wavepad.
    Definitely oriented to modern music - samples and loops etc
    I,m probably too old.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeftysBlues
    I bought the Presonus Artist2studio and have problems w latency ,my computer soundcard and getting it to work.
    I,m probably too old.
    Artist2 studio is a full-fledged DAW with lot's of bells and whistles. I like Presonus but they make hardware and software. I just want the hardware and will probably be getting an audio interface from them in the near future. My DAW is FL Studio.
    Maybe Artist2studio isn't right for you.
    Never heard a bad thing about Reaper. As far as latency, that's the thing you want to address first. ASIO FOR ALL is probably still in common use.
    Once you get past the latency issues, routing and basics, DAWs are great.
    Give Reaper a spin. Go to the forums and say Heeeeelp!!!!
    In my experience it's all about the support.

User Info Menu

I,m probably too old.

Are you using an audio interface? Unless you're using Presonus hardware I'd stay away from their software.
    Reaper has lot's of happy users. That's a good first DAW.

I am using the Presonus interface.
    The support is, not good , just refers to written articles that don,t help.I would avoid it and get something easier to use .
    Last edited by LeftysBlues; 01-14-2017 at 05:18 AM. Reason: sp

User Info Menu

I am using the Presonus interface.
    The support is, not good , just refers to written articles that don,t help.I would avoid it and get something easier to use .
    Support will be non-existent with Presonus. It's not that kind of company. You need top notch support when you're new to DAWs. you don't want FL Studio. It's unique. I've never recorded an instrument with it. The program is an instrument itself.
    Reaper seems to be the choice for getting up and running fast for recording. Rockers love Reaper. If they can figure it out anyone can.
    If this stuff gives you too much trouble then stick with what you were doing.
    I had a presonus Firebox and never had issues with it but support was a joke. I'd get another interface from them again but return it immediately if there were any problems at all..

I agree support is non existent , auto generated emails come that you cant reply to.
    It took days for me to figure out what a DAW was .
    A pro studio guy is going to help me otherwise its not going to get used.

User Info Menu

I agree support is non existent , auto generated emails come that you cant reply to.
    It took days for me to figure out what a DAW was .
    A pro studio guy is going to help me otherwise its not going to get used.
    You have to be exact about the audio interface model, computer, operating system and version, DAW and DAW version when troubleshooting.
    It's about the software(DAW) and support.
    Don't give up just yet. try a DAW that has good support. Guitar players like Reaper and the Reaper forum is very active.

Working Soundcards - Page 12 - Cockos Confederated Forums

People are using Presonus interfaces with Reaper.
    Which Presonus are you using?
    You need a different DAW. One with top support.

Interface is Audiobox itwo , thanks will look at Reaper.

User Info Menu

let me know if you have problems with it. Go to the forums and tell them Audiobox itwo, Reaper and your operating system. Windows 8, 10, mac, whatever.

User Info Menu

I know about DAWs and I might be able to help with what you have now. I already have the manual for the Audiobox itwo;

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl...ers_Manual.pdf

What's your operating system? Windows 8, 10? 64 bit?
    Rule out a problem with operating system compatibility first.
    Tell me what the problem is. No sound, crackling, too much latency, etc...

The DAW should be Studio One Artist;

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl..._Guide_web.pdf

User Info Menu

Your software should be Studio One Artist. version 1,2, or 3. Which is it?