The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Hi,

What kind of looper/looping software do you use?
    I have an Imac with MacOSX and would like to use software where I can fill in the chords and the software does the rest.

I like to loop several chords in a row, let's say a 2-5-1 progression.
    I do have a Boss Looper pedal, but I don't like to be my own backing track... it just sounds all the same.

I have heard of Band in a Box, but never used it...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Joe Piler; 05-21-2015 at 09:45 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

old boomerang
    really good machine ...

the new rang 111 looks good too

theres the cheaper simpler
    ditto i fancy too

User Info Menu

I use a Ditto Looper... Ditto Looper - Intuitive looper made by guitarists for guitarists | TC Electronic

Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Piler
    Hi,

What kind of looper/looping software do you use?
    I have an Imac with MacOSX and would like to use software where I can fill in the chords and the software does the rest.

I like to loop several chords in a row, let's say a 2-5-1 progression.
    I do have a Boss Looper pedal, but I don't like to be my own backing track... it just sounds all the same.

I have heard of Band in a Box, but never used it...

Thanks!
    BIAB and iReal Pro - Music Book and Play Along are the only play along software programs for jazz that I am aware of (looper was the wrong term btw hence the confused replies so far!).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzpunk
    BIAB and iReal Pro - Music Book and Play Along are the only play along software programs for jazz that I am aware of (looper was the wrong term btw hence the confused replies so far!).
    woops sorry

User Info Menu

TCE ditto, for it's small footprint and simple controls. Used to use a Boss RC-2, which had longer recording time.

User Info Menu

You guys that have used Ditto, was it the basic, one-button model, or the X2 with a dedicated start/stop button and ability to play loops backwards, 1/2 speed, and to import backing tracks that you've created on your computer in a DAW (or to upload a loop back into your computer). Has any of you tried the X2 and can comment on it?

Thx

User Info Menu

The one-button model. Simplicity is a feature to me. I only use the looper for making quick backing tracks to practice with. Looping isn't actually part of 'my music'. I don't use it in performance and don't try to export the recordings to a DAW or anything like that.

User Info Menu

Digitech Jamman Stereo in conjunction with iReal Pro, Session Band Jazz, Amazing Slow Downer, and various backing tracks, including Real Book Play Along and Learn Jazz Standards, or just my own - practice only.

User Info Menu

TCE Ditto - nice and easy

User Info Menu

Ditto X2. I tried the one button, but could not manage a clean stop without a dedicated stop switch, so got the X2.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Geechnyc
    Digitech Jamman Stereo in conjunction with iReal Pro, Session Band Jazz, Amazing Slow Downer, and various backing tracks, including Real Book Play Along and Learn Jazz Standards, or just my own - practice only.
    Also have the Digitech Jamman Stereo, which gives lots of control and a simple built in rythm section.

Just received Band in a Box Ultraplus pack 2015 as a birthday present and I am delighted with it. Expensive, but it takes you to another level of accompaniment.

The Jamman still has its place for instantly laying down somthing over which I want to improvise with lots of overdub possibilities

I bought band in a box! Such a cool program. I make Some chord progressions to practice my solo. The sax solo's are great to use. Just perfect for me!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kenhan
    Ditto X2. I tried the one button, but could not manage a clean stop without a dedicated stop switch, so got the X2.
    I have the original Ditto and have the same problem. Mebbe I need to wear cowboy boots, but that would look funny with a bathrobe. Ummabe gettin the X2 eventually.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I have the original Ditto and have the same problem. Mebbe I need to wear cowboy boots, but that would look funny with a bathrobe. Ummabe gettin the X2 eventually.
    Not at all. Here in Texas boots are put on first, robe is optional.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Al Br.
    Not at all. Here in Texas boots are put on first, robe is optional.
    Does the wetsuit go over the boots or vice versa?

User Info Menu

Just got a one button Ditto. So far no problem making it work. The button has a nice light touch so I seem to hit it on the beat just fine.

User Info Menu

Had a DigiTech Jam Man Solo but recently purchased a Ditto. I much prefer the Ditto. It is tricky to create clean loops but I think it helps with your time. Great tool for practicing.

User Info Menu

BIAB and DegiTech Jamman. Both great but with slightly different aareas of use.

User Info Menu

I use Ditto...but I would like to buy a new Ditto stereo...:-)