The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

+1 for Musecore

Has replaced Cubase after I switched to Reaper for a DAW. BiaB can be faster if you only need chords, but to enter melody it's a pain in the a... . And BiaB sheets look awful.

Musescore rocks if you use the two hand method (left for note names right on num block for length)

[EDIT] And the Musescore community, you'll find 1000s of scores other people have uploaded. Mostly if I need a standard, it's already there. [/EDIT]

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A great resource for fully functional music software (i.e. finale) is the ability to import MIDI files efficiently. The internet has a huge number of free MIDI's, many are crap but many are also excellent (Bill Evans collection, Carlos Santana, Brubeck, etc. etc.). Many are fully orchestrated such as Nights in White Satin (straight from the original with vocal harmonizations). Of course, once imported, you can do anything you want like change key, add/delete/change instruments, reharmonize......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DonEsteban
    Musescore rocks if you use the two hand method (left for note names right on num block for length)
    And if you're entering a lot of the same note value (e.g. a mostly-eighths bebop solo, the left-hand part to many classical piano pieces), a MIDI keyboard is even faster. (Unless you are really bad at the piano.)