The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 40

User Info Menu

just received my package from Django In A Box Downloads 59 songs and Solos..very happy with it .works Fantastic in band in a box... cost was 20 euros...my New Monarch Peerless will be busy for quite a while practising this Sacred Geometry from WES..heres what i got..Airegin (1960)
    Angel (1967) A day in the life
    Au Privave (The complete Riverside Recs) Alt Take
    Bessa me mucho (1963)
    Billie's Bounce (1957)
    Bumpin' (1965)
    Bumpin' On Sunset (1966)
    Cariba (1962)
    Con Alma 1965 (bumpin)
    D Natural Blues Solo "Inredible jazz Guitar"
    Ecaroh
    Far Wes (1959)
    Four on six
    Freddie the freeloader "Portrait of Wes"
    Fried pies (1963)
    Full House (1962)
    Geno "Guitar on the Go"
    Goin on to Detroit (1968)
    Going out of my head (1965)
    Gone with the wind ( The Incredible Guitar) 1960
    Green Peppers (1966)
    GrooveYard (Carl Perkins) 1961
    I dont stand a chance (1960)
    I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
    Impressions (1965)
    In Your own sweet way (solo)
    James and Wes "The Dynamic duo"
    Jingles (1962) solo wes
    Missile blues
    Misty (1965)
    Moanin solo (1963)
    More and more amore (1966)
    Mr Walker (1960) California Dreamin
    No Blues Smokin' at the half note (1965)
    O.G.D "Road song" (1966)
    One for my baby (1961)
    Polka Dots And Moonbeams
    Road Song (1968)
    RoundMidnight (1959)
    Satin Doll (1959) 1
    Satin doll (1959)
    Scrambled Eggs Solo
    Sos So do it Take 1
    Sundown (1966)
    Tear It Down (1965)
    Tequila
    The shadow of your smile (1965)
    The Thumb
    The Way you Look Tonight
    There will never be another you
    Watch what happens
    West Coast Blues (1960)

WesTune (Far Wes 1958)
    Willow weep for me (1966)
    Wind song (1968)
    Winds of Barcelona
    Windy (1967)
    Without you (1966)
    Yesterdays Live in Belgium 1965
    ================================================== ================

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What do you get with this product?
    Are they just chord progressions for those songs or do you also get transcriptions of solos?

you get SOLOS, WES Sacred geometry .......

soo

they will compliment my PG Music MASTER Jazz Guitar solos ..ill be honest i cant really improvise..im a great reader though .....im flying all over the frets with this Stuff....even sound like WES....LOL

and the CHORDS of Course ....lol

User Info Menu

What is not clear to me, were the solos played by a real musician and recorded or are they just midi sounds?

This project was made with Roland VSC (Virtual Sound Canvas) synth,
    (included in the PgMusic BB packages as alternative to GM (General Midi)
    sounds.

User Info Menu

I bought this a while back and was very disappointed. Most solos were not complete, only partial. No mention of that on the web site...

User Info Menu

you paid for this?

Sorry Gents.. i cant Be persuaded otherwise..some the best sounds im getting since i bought the MONARCH..and tha ability to change the keys in BIAB is awesome....those 5 flat keys. FUN...NOT

User Info Menu

So are the solos accurate? Do they sound ok? Do they appear on the guitar graphic to show where the notes are to be played?
    Which solos are incomplete? The chord soloing all there?

forget the adverse comments on these files... theyre amazing..i usually transpose some them to an easier key...band in a box a few clicks..hope you have real tracks this is MUSIC man ..im playing WES solos...best purchase i ever made...i have a Peerless Monarch..yea i read the dots....always wanted something like this....yes the accompaniment is great...just pick your jazz style...awesome

yes theyre accurate..i have the records...all notes are what WES played..

User Info Menu

There is a guy who posts YT videos of Wes Montgomery recordings using a graphic guitar fret board. If I recall, his name is Glicoric. Searching on YT for Wes Montgomery transcriptions will bring him up in any case. Is this what is meant by the BIAB 'guitar graphic'? If it is, it's quite cool.

Oops! Addendum - I checked on Glicoric's version of WM's I've grown accustomed to her face - he uses Apple Logic. That is one fantastic fretboard graphic, the best I've seen.

Jay
    Last edited by targuit; 09-02-2013 at 07:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit
    If I recall, his name is Glicoric.
    Actually, his name is gilogic. Search on that in YT and it'll come up. Nice work he does.

looking at Wes playing on you tube hes up and down the frets with so much ease..totally relaxed..always a smile on his face..i have the books but these files opened it up..........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxss
    looking at Wes playing on you tube hes up and down the frets with so much ease..totally relaxed..always a smile on his face..i have the books but these files opened it up..........
    The BIAB guitar graphic will only show notes for a selected position, it wont show the "up and down" playing....

User Info Menu

I'm intrigued.

It looks like early versions of Band In A Box may have been somewhat lame MIDI sounds. The ads for the 2013 version sound very good.

So when you get Wes In A Box, what exactly do you get? Does it include all the backing instruments plus the tabs for his solos and chords? Can it also play his solos?

I'm not disappointed if it doesn't show the exact tabs of his playing. Half the fun is changing strings and positions. But I wish I knew exactly what to expect.

YEA YOU get backing tracks...ok lets take GROOVEYARD...i take real tracks and use jazz swing with electic guitar backing..like a real rhythm section...add real drums too..then we have key signature of 6 flats Ebminor...i drop it down to Em 1 sharp key...damn easier to play...lol....

im not advanced as a lot players here...so i play in keys that are easier...comfortable in Bb Eb G D etc...

User Info Menu

Congrat's on the Monarch. I love that archtop. Ridiculously great 4 ridiculous $

User Info Menu

Hi Voxss,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am planning to pull the trigger on this this weekend. Do you still find the files to be accurate transcriptions after a few months of using them? Is there an easy way to print the solo transcriptions in tablature? If so, could you please tell me the steps you use to do that? I would prefer to have Sibelius or GuitarPro tabs, but I will take the BIAB tabs if those are the best I can get.

Thanks!

left you some messages.....yes its awesome...love playing WES..i do change the keys to less flats...BIAB...accurate indeed...all the solos are accurate.....BIAB has this for TABlature...

User Info Menu

Thanks!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by voxss
    left you some messages.....yes its awesome...love playing WES..i do change the keys to less flats...BIAB...accurate indeed...all the solos are accurate.....BIAB has this for TABlature...
    this available for the Mac version? which is not 2014.... yet.....?