The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 49

User Info Menu

I am currently going through the worst software purchase in my 20 years of computing. Do yourselves a favor an NEVER purchase this product. The installation process, the tight controls on the product, the registration process... every aspect and detail of this product and transaction has been the worst sofware experience of my life. It has been, and continues to be a complete nightmare. It has been a month long ordeal and the product is still not up and running. And what consideration have I got for my $100 and grief? Absolutely NOTHING. I should have expected it just from the cheesy look of the web site. I reached to far and really got burned on this one. I would advise anyone to walk away from this. If you don't - and take a chance on this - I hope you have a better outcome than I have.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you are looking for a simple backing track software you can try this:
    JamBuddy - Free musical play along chord player backing track creation web site

User Info Menu

Apparently you're not the only one.

[Trombone-l] Real Book Software system

You might consider telling your credit card company to dispute this purchase so you can get your money back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FatJeff
    Apparently you're not the only one.

[Trombone-l] Real Book Software system

You might consider telling your credit card company to dispute this purchase so you can get your money back.
    Good advice. Dispute the charge.

I don't know you guys.., but thanks. I really needed to get that off my chest. I am through with this in every way - never to look back. Life is too short. I'm moving on.

Special thanks to M-ster for making me realize I wasn't taking crazy pills.

SMH

User Info Menu

You also might consider reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

User Info Menu

I own several products from this company and have found them to be excellent products. In fact I would heartily recommend them. Frankly two dissatisfied customers out of thousands doesn't really show up as far as I'm concerned. In the internet world there are many people who display attitude behind the wall of virtual anonymity when dealing with troubled issues that they would never do in person or in normal communications. I know I've been guilty of that. To me this falls into the "two sides to every story" category. I thought I would chime in since only one side was being presented.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by P. Stimson
    I own several products from this company and have found them to be excellent products. In fact I would heartily recommend them. Frankly two dissatisfied customers out of thousands doesn't really show up as far as I'm concerned. In the internet world there are many people who display attitude behind the wall of virtual anonymity when dealing with troubled issues that they would never do in person or in normal communications. I know I've been guilty of that. To me this falls into the "two sides to every story" category. I thought I would chime in since only one side was being presented.
    And you also just joined this forum on the 11th January 2012 which is, urrrr, today. Kinda of coincidental, don't you think? Bet dollars to doughnuts that you are the guy behind Real Book Software or related to the "company". Too obvious, dude. Why don't you flat out say so? Disingenuous.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 01-11-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Yes you are correct about Realbook Software was a total waste of money. And the guy that sells it is a total DBag, they don't even try to help you. I think i used it a few times, then when i got new computer i couldn't get it installed again and gave up. Its a POS
    ken
    Last edited by guitarplayer007; 01-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    And you also just joined this forum on the 11th January 2012 which is, urrrr, today. Kinda of coincidental, don't you think? Bet dollars to doughnuts that you are the guy behind Real Book Software or related to the "company". Too obvious, dude. Why don't you flat out say so? Disingenuous.

Yes very obvious!!!!

User Info Menu

Riggghghhhhhtttttt....how transparent can you get??

User Info Menu

I have heard more negative things than good things about this software. If P. Stimpson is involved with that company perhaps he can enlighten the OP on how to get the software to work on his computer.

User Info Menu

Yes I just joined but found this post after posting on a Pat Martino thread and merely added my thoughts. I have nothing to do with this company.

Hmmm is see

User Info Menu

Yes I just joined but found this post after posting on a Pat Martino thread and merely added my thoughts. I have nothing to do with this company.
    Yeah, RRiiigggght!

User Info Menu

Wow. Kind of hostile here. Hopefully I just happened upon a nest of malcontents here on this thread and this won't be indiciative of the kind of experience this forum provides. It will obviously be a complete waste of time and effort if that is the case.

User Info Menu

Hey P. Stimson, you're more than welcome if your intent is to discuss jazz guitar. But we have a very low tolerance for spammers, bots, and the like. Your first appearance right after SMH reported on his bad experience seemed to be timed just a little too perfectly. We have a keen nose for BS around here.

I'll be the first to apologize if it turns out your intentions are pure.

User Info Menu

Cool. Can't help the timing of when I joined or any coincidence that may arise from that. I'm enjoying looking around the forum. There are some interesting topics going on and have already found some great resources here.

User Info Menu

Real Book Software is in Texas

P. Stimson is in Maryland, by the way welcome! Where in MD?

User Info Menu

Guess I live in Timbuktu now.

User Info Menu

We'll see!

User Info Menu

I use something called "The iRealbook" which is an app I grabbed from the itunes app store. I think it was 20 bucks. Simple and does the trick!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Guess I live in Timbuktu now.
    Are you suggesting that someone could actually enter false information into that field???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FatJeff
    Are you suggesting that someone could actually enter false information into that field???
    I just did.

Edit: Heh, heh. Good one, FatJeff, I fell for it. The sarcasm's on me.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 01-14-2012 at 12:41 AM.

User Info Menu

As for myself, everything's just cotton candy and ice cream here in Rainbow Village