Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
Likes Likes:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Free BIAB-like App

Just stumbled across this neat app, a BIAB type thing, but open source, and free, and cross platform, java 1.5 required seems to be the only need. You even get a library of 2500 something tunes in midi to play around with, I have BIAB, but might download it anyway, it seems good to me. URL below;

Welcome to Impro-Visor

Peace
    Skei

There is a great job done over here and you don't have to be a computer freak to work with it!

Great tip Skei,

Nice simple interface!
    Thnx,

Joris

You're welcome,
    I tried it a bit myself last night, it seems very straight forward and easy to use, and the manual included was clear and concise.

I'll probably use it now and then, it's fun to make music with these apps people make for jazz lovers!
    Peace
    Skei

Somehow I don't think those above titles are jazz tunes.

I downloaded this a while back. They are mostly jazz standards. It's really just a vanilla midi player as far a BIAB is concerned. Its main purposes is that once the midi file is input the output is an improvisation of the original tune! If you don 't like that improvisation it will generate another on and on ad infinitum. Some of the improvs are really quite good. They can be exported as midi and then imported into any program that converts to TAB.

It is definitely worth a download. There is also a yahoo group

Thanks for sharing, cool site!

MW
    Matt Warnock Guitar
    FREE 84-Page Jazz Guitar eBook

Hello forum

Hi to all!

Hello to the forum nice to meet you all ill hope we have a good time here

Regards Aufkleber Drucken & Sticker Druck - Günstig bei Stickma.de

Oh, this looks like a fantastic regalo!! I don't even know where to start with this new toy. Thank you for the link.

Well, I will have to figure out how to use this darned thing obviously. (;

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cat View Post
    I downloaded this a while back. They are mostly jazz standards. It's really just a vanilla midi player as far a BIAB is concerned. Its main purposes is that once the midi file is input the output is an improvisation of the original tune! If you don 't like that improvisation it will generate another on and on ad infinitum. Some of the improvs are really quite good. They can be exported as midi and then imported into any program that converts to TAB.

It is definitely worth a download. There is also a yahoo group
    Hi, I'm very interested in any program that does this. I use a Mac. Thanks. I mean midi to tab

I've been using this quite a bit lately. You can use it for backing tracks, write your own charts, transpose anything to any key, etc... The main drawback is that it is not very good as music notation software. It is very slow and I would like to be able to just copy and paste some transciptions in their for example.

The point, in part, is that the more transcriptions and vocabulary, the better the program can learn to improvise in the style of, say, Joe Pass or whatever. But it would take ninety years to type these things in.

Praca

Good Job !!! Praca

Thanks Skei! Since you made the donation I believe the site has been updated, I will look into it. by the way do you know of any source that has prerecorded BIAB songs? I seem to have lost a lot when my pc crashed.

I just tried to download it and my virus blocker prevented it from saving after the download. It (the blocker) said it detected a Trojan and removed it.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
    God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.

virus

yep! I had the same problem.

wiz
    Howie

It's a "false alarm". There's NO virus. I didn't have any problem with AVG and then running it was a snap. Ignore the warning or even turn off the anti-virus, download and run. Then scan everything with anti-virus, Ad-aware, etc..

I used F-secure to check for virus before unpacking which gave the program the go ahead, still I got a warning while unpacking which I then ignored. all this done last night before turning off the pc, if I never log in again you will know why. But Im not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by 0zoro View Post
    I used F-secure to check for virus before unpacking which gave the program the go ahead, still I got a warning while unpacking which I then ignored. all this done last night before turning off the pc, if I never log in again you will know why. But Im not worried.

You'll be fine. Just make sure to back everything up once a week though, I'm telling you!

Quote Originally Posted by 0zoro View Post
    Thanks Skei! Since you made the donation I believe the site has been updated, I will look into it. by the way do you know of any source that has prerecorded BIAB songs? I seem to have lost a lot when my pc crashed.

Band-in-a-Box-Files : Band-In-A-Box (BIAB) File Archive

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed