The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tonight's Live From Emmet's Place had Rosenwinkel, and it was a little disturbing for me to watch. I absolutely cannot move my eyelids and eyebrows that fast. Perhaps I haven't been watching him that closely before, but I haven't noticed that twitching. He can play, without doubt, but that eye twitching is difficult to watch. Otherwise, a nice performance, worth watching, as Emmet's streams always are.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Tonight's Live From Emmet's Place had Rosenwinkel, and it was a little disturbing for me to watch. I absolutely cannot move my eyelids and eyebrows that fast. Perhaps I haven't been watching him that closely before, but I haven't noticed that twitching. He can play, without doubt, but that eye twitching is difficult to watch. Otherwise, a nice performance, worth watching, as Emmet's streams always are.
    I heard that this is a technique he uses to stop the conscious mind from intruding during performance. It is quite strange to look at.

User Info Menu

I'm in NYC at the moment and ran into Kurt last night in the audience for Pasquale Grasso's midnight gig at Mezzrow. He had come down straight after the Emmet Cohen livestream. Really nice to talk to him afterwards. He's full of admiration for the hardcore bebop guys as there was a lot of overlap between various circles of musicians centred on Smalls in the '90s.