The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone knows what this incredible musician is currently doing? It seems that his career was kinda interrupted in 2019.
    I rarely listened to such a mix of talent, virtuosity and strength.

Last edited by Pierrot; 03-11-2023 at 01:32 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for introducing him to me. I couldn't make a steady diet of it, but I liked this one:

User Info Menu

You're welcome.
    When I heard this guy for the first time, I was literally astonished.
    He builds his solos with true improvisation, that is, each solo is completely different and unique, with a very musical logic, a relentless progression up to the top of the climax, and he is really amazing with both his phrasing and his technique.
    If you look carefully at the Bill Evans band video, you can see that two of his left hand fingers are tied together. I'm afraid he exercised way to much (which is of course the only way to achieve this level of playing) and he probably developped some kind of tendinitis.
    If this is the case, I feel very sad for him. (And for me, as I found this guy very challenging and inspiring, and he seems not to be performing anymore)

User Info Menu

I agree, amazing player, especially dug the clip from a few years ago as a Berklee student playing with the Yellowjackets. He still has a website offering lessons, but no evidence of live performance of late that Ican tell. He was headed in a more rock/pop direction a few years back, with club dates in LA.

I hope he’s not fallen victim to the current lack of outlets for players of his talent and vision, but I fear that may be the case. Like a young Holdsworth, but without the concert scene available to develop a career…. What would one do, to stay alive?

I have most of his recordings, nearly all are fairly intense, but clear evidence of his immense talent.

User Info Menu

In September 2022, he launched a podcast, 'Principles of Music'. Five episodes up so far.

User Info Menu

2 hours! That's quite a commitment. Really interesting guy. I kinda skipped around. I found 1:16 to about 1:21 to be fun little snip. I'd really like to hear what he's gigging now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    In September 2022, he launched a podcast, 'Principles of Music'. Five episodes up so far.

Glad to see he is OK, and happy to see that, apart from being a fantastic musician and guitarist, he is also a guy with an elaborated and intelligent discourse about music.
    I would love to have the chance one day to hear him play live and maybe meet him in person and exchange impressions with him.