The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve been listening to this album off and on for a couple of months. Last night, listening on an atypical set of speakers, I found his guitar to be very trebly and almost vintage rock-y. I’m giving it another listen on my usual sound system since it’s fresh on my mind, but thought I’d post anyway.

The instrumentation is pretty interesting, and I dig the ambient nature of the whole album. But when I focus in, I find lots of pleasant moments.

Give it a listen if you can. As I’ve been writing, he got to a nice long line, and I’m still hearing enough treble to validate my opening paragraph. Maybe I’m just playing with very little treble these days, so my ears are wondering what’s going on.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by osloutah
    I’ve been listening to this album off and on for a couple of months. Last night, listening on an atypical set of speakers, I found his guitar to be very trebly and almost vintage rock-y. I’m giving it another listen on my usual sound system since it’s fresh on my mind, but thought I’d post anyway.

The instrumentation is pretty interesting, and I dig the ambient nature of the whole album. But when I focus in, I find lots of pleasant moments.

Give it a listen if you can. As I’ve been writing, he got to a nice long line, and I’m still hearing enough treble to validate my opening paragraph. Maybe I’m just playing with very little treble these days, so my ears are wondering what’s going on.
    Hello!

Thanks for listening. No doubt my tone is a bit brighter (by comparison)!

That was a Vestax made D’Angelico going direct into a 95’ Blues Deluxe (first year of those being produced in CA). My tone is still brighter than some other players sound, but has changed and evolved a bit.

I’m happy you’ve enjoyed the record. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Maxey
    Hello!

Thanks for listening. No doubt my tone is a bit brighter (by comparison)!

That was a Vestax made D’Angelico going direct into a 95’ Blues Deluxe (first year of those being produced in CA). My tone is still brighter than some other players sound, but has changed and evolved a bit.

I’m happy you’ve enjoyed the record. Thank you.
    Hey!!! Thanks for sharing details about your rig.

Yeah man I dig the album. It’s still in weekly rotation for me. I need to listen to more of your stuff!