The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

DC-area guitarist, really enjoying the energy of his comping and lead lines with that distorted tone. Fits sonically well with the organ.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yeah!! He’s another player with super chops who doesn’t feel the need to show them off in every bar. I think he’s got great taste and admirable restraint.

User Info Menu

He has toured the world with some of the best organ players, Joey DeFransesco, Lou Donaldson, among others..

Seen him live once, he had great tone and taste!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    He has toured the world with some of the best organ players, Joey DeFransesco, Lou Donaldson, among others..

Seen him live once, he had great tone and taste!
    Love this!

Joey plays on several of his records. If you can play with Joey, you must be good, cause that guy's chops were unworldly. RIP Mr. DeFransesco...

User Info Menu

Great stuff!

I firmly believe that if you play in an organ trio and you don't have a little hair on your tone, you ain't doing it right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stylo

DC-area guitarist, really enjoying the energy of his comping and lead lines with that distorted tone. Fits sonically well with the organ.
    did he move back to the DC area?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    did he move back to the DC area?
    His Facebook profile and recent posts suggest that he is currently based in South Carolina.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    His Facebook profile and recent posts suggest that he is currently based in South Carolina.
    Gotcha good to know. I saw him come up on a listing of local teachers, bummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stylo
    Gotcha good to know. I saw him come up on a listing of local teachers, bummer.
    If you're looking for a teacher, nobody better than Paul Pieper...