The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was expecting a modern ES-175, not a 1950s with P90s! Actually, with the exception of the bass there is a lot of vintage gear on that stage.

These guys got some chops. I liked this. Nice to hear someone doing something different. It doesn't sound like the same old same old.

User Info Menu

I pick up a kinda oriental/celtic hybrid march thing. I've been there myself. But he's got the bag-pipey sound which makes it better!

User Info Menu

I enjoyed this a lot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I enjoyed this a lot.
    I didn't expect to like them, but I find myself going back to this band for more. And Takeshi kinda looks like Barney Kessel. lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I pick up a kinda oriental/celtic hybrid march thing. I've been there myself. But he's got the bag-pipey sound which makes it better!
    I heard the exact same thing.

Dig it.

User Info Menu

Good for them, fun stuff. Is he going through and octave pedal or something?

User Info Menu

I would say octave pedal, plus maybe one or 2 somethings.

There used to be a jazz piper in Portland Or that'd sit in with us from time to time in mid '70s. We weren't exactly playing the GASB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Degranulator
    Good for them, fun stuff. Is he going through and octave pedal or something?
    I tried to figure out what it was as well. My guess would be a BOSS Multi Overtone MO-2.

EDIT: No square light blue BOSS pedal is visible around him on the floor, so my guess is wrong.

Do you think a simple octave up mixed in with the original signal can do that?
    Last edited by Vihar; 01-22-2023 at 08:25 PM.

User Info Menu

I rather like it. Not a huge fan of the guitar tone TBH, but I dig the bass and drums and especially the guy’s Fender Rhodes tones.

A prior owner of my ‘88 175 installed a Roland guitar synth pickup on it—subsequently removed, leaving 2 tiny holes above the saddle. I wonder what kind of music he made with it?