The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Not sure where I saw this, apologies if already posted here, I'll take it down, just let me know.
    I love these behind the scenes takes on old classics and one of my favorite Beatles tunes, gets me almost every time...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing this piece!
    What a lovely and smart lady!
    I heard that nice tune maybe a thousand times, but never thought about how it was managed with external musicians those days.
    Interesting.

User Info Menu

Clip over 10 years old but I gotta say Ringo looks great!

User Info Menu

Saw that a few days ago. Charming woman and great story. The trumpet player on Penny Lane has a similar story/video on YouTube. Collaborator's contributions are often ignored or undervalued in the telling of the Beatles story.

User Info Menu

That was the only arr. of The Beatles not done by Geo. Martin. I always wondered what he would've done with it. I recall reading somewhere that he didn't like what his sub did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    That was the only arr. of The Beatles not done by Geo. Martin. I always wondered what he would've done with it. I recall reading somewhere that he didn't like what his sub did with it.
    I believe it's also the only recording none of the Beatles played on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I believe it's also the only recording none of the Beatles played on.
    Eleanor Rigby?

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    Eleanor Rigby?
    You are correct sir, there's apparently a couple others too

User Info Menu

You are correct sir, there's apparently a couple others too
    Another season down the drain. By the second quarter, I looked at my guitar, and realized the night needn't be a total waste. I still watched the game, but at least I got some practicing in.
    They showed a guy with his face painted green, doing a little dance over and over. It could only be Wintermoon, celebrating the complete humiliation of his town's natural enemy, Big Blue.
    Another season down the toilet...

Another season down the drain. By the second quarter, I looked at my guitar, and realized the night needn't be a total waste. I still watched the game, but at least I got some practicing in.
    They showed a guy with his face painted green, doing a little dance over and over. It could only be Wintermoon, celebrating the complete humiliation of his town's natural enemy, Big Blue.
    Another season down the toilet...
    Stop Saqoun and you win, zero passing game. Gmen were lucky to even make playoffs but their arrow is finally pointing up
    Only one more win to get to Arizona....

User Info Menu

Stop Saqoun and you win, zero passing game. Gmen were lucky to even make playoffs but their arrow is finally pointing up
    Only one more win to get to Arizona....
    No! We're gonna stop you before you get to Arizona!
    The Cowgirls or the 49ers will make you pay for tonight!

No! We're gonna stop you before you get to Arizona!
    The Cowgirls or the 49ers will make you pay for tonight!
    Don't tell me you'd actually root for the Cowchips under any circumstances
    Sacrilege around these parts! Or as we like to say, the only thing as good as an Eagles win is a Dallas loss.
    Another popular quote, "Dallas Sucks!"

User Info Menu

Don't tell me you'd actually root for the Cowchips under any circumstances
    Sacrilege around these parts! Or as we like to say, the only thing as good as an Eagles win is a Dallas loss.
    Another popular quote, "Dallas Sucks!"

Yeah, I guess that statement about Dallas was over the top. I guess seeing the best season in ELEVEN years go up in smoke in one day was too much to handle. A trumpet player friend of mine called me up in the middle of the game to ask me if we should back Dallas in the 49ers game. I told him, "We're watching the apocalypse taking place right now, and you're asking me about tomorrow?!"
    He said, "Yeah, I guess it's over...."

Most people I know wanted Dak the human interception machine here in Philly in the title game.
    But we'll see if the Giants rookie cinderella kid qb can deal w the pressure of a game of this magnitude on the road in this environment. I think he's gonna finally stub his toe, but you never know. Should be a great tilt...

User Info Menu

Excellent!

User Info Menu

Most people I know wanted Dak the human interception machine here in Philly in the title game.
    But we'll see if the Giants rookie cinderella kid qb can deal w the pressure of a game of this magnitude on the road in this environment. I think he's gonna finally stub his toe, but you never know. Should be a great tilt...
    Yeah, if Jones keeps running, he's gonna have a short career.
    A QB's gotta move fast, but that doesn't mean he should be a running back. Fran the Man scrambled, but he didn't try to be Jim Brown.
    Eli turned into a lump. He had to go.
    You've got to have the option of a QB run, but there's a reason why Brady and Rogers have such long careers.
    Hurts is only 23, and he already had a shoulder injury.
    Human Interception Machine...LOL!!!!!!
    Sirianni put together some team, they deserve the SB, but SF ain't Big Blue; the birds are gonna have to fight for it next week.

Yeah, if Jones keeps running, he's gonna have a short career.
    A QB's gotta move fast, but that doesn't mean he should be a running back. Fran the Man scrambled, but he didn't try to be Jim Brown.
    Eli turned into a lump. He had to go.
    You've got to have the option of a QB run, but there's a reason why Brady and Rogers have such long careers.
    Hurts is only 23, and he already had a shoulder injury.
    Human Interception Machine...LOL!!!!!!
    Sirianni put together some team, they deserve the SB, but SF ain't Big Blue; the birds are gonna have to fight for it next week.
    Actually GM Howie Roseman put the team together, this after a lynch mob was ready to string him up for drafting Hurts. Now he's the toast of the town.