The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Hit me like a ton of bricks… he has been so influential on my playing and approach. He is one if the reason, I started to explore less blues improv type of approaches…

I remember, I must of been 16, and at a used record store. I was flipping through albums and came across wired. I turned to my friend (who was the bass player in my garage band and I asked him, “do you think I will like this album”? He said, “oh yhea, you will love that album”.

wow,

I have also spent a lot of time listen and seeing the Dead… when Jerry died it was sad, it felt like an end… but this is hitting me in a deeper spot…

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One day, he’s fine, and the next day he’s gone. Contracting bacterial meningitis took him in two days from what I understand. Wow, what a loss to the world.
    I will be watching one of his DVDs this weekend. I went immediately to YouTube and watched “Cause we’ve ended as lovers.”

User Info Menu

He gave us so much.

User Info Menu

Very sad news.
    I've been listening to Jeff Beck playing a lot lately-very good guitarist with his own musical language.

User Info Menu

sad, so sad, one great voice of the guitar is gone... so sad.

User Info Menu

An artist on the instrument who could create sounds no one can imitate. He was irreplaceable.

User Info Menu

Pretty shocking, he was as busy as ever. Sad loss, truly a creative player.

User Info Menu

one of the very few that you could identify from the three first notes he played
    I'm probably not the only one, but my music sensibility began in my teens with Jeff Beck. I like Guitar Shop too
    So sad

User Info Menu

Goodbye Porkpie Hat.

User Info Menu

Clearly to my ears he is an updated Roy Buchanan. Roy was amazing too.

User Info Menu

Devasting news, he was a true genius , always pushing the envelope. I took my daughter to see him a few years back , when he played Somewhere over the Rainbow ..it was incredible. I told her , you are witnessing the greatest living guitar player , remember this moment. RIP Becky

User Info Menu

I liked it that he created compelling musical content, despite quite obviously not being a schooled musician. Or caring about being a schooled musician, either.

I saw Beck as the ultimate exponent of the solid body electric guitar, since Hendrix. His thing was to create amazing guitar sounds with basic equipment. His sound and tone almost superseded his actual note content, in my view. A distinct, unique, and likable personality emerged from his amplifier as soon as he hit a single note.

He did it as well as it can be done, and millions of fans, including me, loved him for it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 339 in june
    one of the very few that you could identify from the three first notes he played
    I'm probably not the only one, but my music sensibility began in my teens with Jeff Beck. I like Guitar Shop too
    So sad
    In 1975 I was a teen and into rock like most people in my circle in southern California. Then I heard Blow by Blow. From there I got Body Talk by George Benson. I purchased a 175 at Guitar Center, found a jazz guitar teacher and that set my course.

User Info Menu

This one hit me really hard too.

Horrible news. My favorite Yardbirds guitarist. So sad. ?

I was so lucky to have been able to see him live and even more so to have gotten his autograph.

One of my all-time favorite songs, which, naturally, he closed with:

There will never be another.

R.I.P. Mr. Beck and thank you for sharing your masterful playing with all of us.

A few more examples (there are so many really) of his virtuosity: