The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Jonathan Kreisberg , also in the vein of the Romain Pilon's Lament. Great guitar work /improv....

S

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Oh man, so much great music here that I didn’t know yet. Awesome. As for my fav, I can’t pinpoint one. It tends to change over time, too. So I’ll stick with the first jazz album that totally blew my mind. And still does.

User Info Menu

Perhaps not the most popular guy with mainstream jazz guitar fans, but I've loved his playing for 40 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FbafcWFw8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Incredible tone. So woody and articulate.

User Info Menu

Pat Metheny's solo on Falling Grace on the duo disc with Jim Hall is mind blowing, just flat out phenomenal.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

well, not the most typical jazz.. but the "favourite" part is true:

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar

The comping on this track is my all time fave jazz guitar.

It's the opening track on the album Glad To Be Unhappy. Paul Desmond was the leader on the date. Jim Hall comping sublimely.
    I was just about to post this! This and "A Taste of Honey" off the same album are masterclasses in comping! But really to whole Desmond/Hall stuff is wonderful!

User Info Menu

I could never pick just one (see what I did there? ) but I couldn't disagree with the Charlie Christian and Tal Farlow tunes posted above. The Minton's sessions and '50s Tal do it for me, any tune.

User Info Menu

The bit that blew my mind when I first heard it and is still the lick I most enjoy hearing again and again is Joe Pass’s closing break (@ 3 minutes in the vid clip below) in C.E.D on Sounds of Synanon. It’s included in this PJ best-of compilation too -

I think his playing on this tune (and the whole album) is still one of the most exciting and energetic guitar parts ever!