The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

LOUIS STEWART - New and Re-Releases (Livia Records)-069-jpgLOUIS STEWART - New and Re-Releases (Livia Records)-014-jpg
    The reactivated Livia Records, an Irish Jazz label, set up in 1977 to record Louis Stewart, will issues re-releases and previosuly unreleased albums starting in late November 22.
    The first release is the 1977 "OUT ON HIS OWN" - remastered and with 3 additional tracks, a 16 page booklet with lots of new photographs.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Brilliant.

Lucky to see Louis twice, one in Limerick and once in Cork.

User Info Menu

That’s great news, I’ve got a couple of the old Louis Stewart albums on Livia, they are excellent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Brilliant.

Lucky to see Louis twice, one in Limerick and once in Cork.
    Yes I think I saw him at least 3 times, first at a jazz festival somewhere up north when I was at uni (that was the one I have mentioned before, where he plonked his guitar down on my table and asked me to look after it while he went to the bar!), then at Peter Ind’s Bass Clef in London, and I’m fairly sure I saw him at Ronnie Scotts too. Always played superbly.

By the way I just found this interesting site which lists all his recordings:

The Louis Stewart Archive

User Info Menu

I hope they can reissue ‘I Thought About You’, with John Taylor, Sam Jones and Billy Higgins, that is a little-known masterpiece in my opinion (and a treasured possession!)

LOUIS STEWART - New and Re-Releases (Livia Records)-011f0005-f08d-43fe-b48e-a60384b52e41-jpegLOUIS STEWART - New and Re-Releases (Livia Records)-bd782546-e583-40a7-b334-6aafbac92115-jpeg