The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Appears to be fairly recently posted. Two other vids from the same performance under the YT user. Great quality video and the playing of course is first rate.

Last edited by alltunes; 10-04-2022 at 07:07 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

She was so good and left this world so much too soon. Just imagine the level she would have been at today.

Great tone, BTW. Semi hollow the 335 may be, but such great jazz guitars. I recently got one and am wondering why it took me so long.

User Info Menu

I do wonder where she would have went if she stayed with us. She was this classic, hard swinging bop player on record, but there's some interesting videos of her playing acoustic that are unfortunately nearer to the end of her life, and her writing was getting quite angular and interesting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar67
    She was so good and left this world so much too soon. Just imagine the level she would have been at today.

Great tone, BTW. Semi hollow the 335 may be, but such great jazz guitars. I recently got one and am wondering why it took me so long.
    it's a 330

User Info Menu

It's still a shock to see that the person behind the guitar playing looks like that! She was, literally, one in a million - at least in that sense. Pretty good player, too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    It's still a shock to see that the person behind the guitar playing looks like that! […]
    From wiki:

In a 1982 interview with People magazine, she said: "I may look like a nice Jewish girl from New Jersey, but inside I'm a 50-year-old, heavy-set black man with a big thumb, like Wes Montgomery."