The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A lot of Django's writing had cool, "Monk-like" angles...but RF is just nuts. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    A lot of Django's writing had cool, "Monk-like" angles...but RF is just nuts. I love it.
    Here is my favorite version

I like it because I found a pdf of the entire guitar part in notation and tab. It is going to be a LONG TERM project for sure!

User Info Menu

It's completely mad, and very Django, yet I can hear French composers such as Poulenc, Ibert, and even some more-playful Satie. I don't know who influenced who, maybe all to all. Very French.

User Info Menu

sounds like Django meets Raymond Scott

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    It's completely mad, and very Django, yet I can hear French composers such as Poulenc, Ibert, and even some more-playful Satie. I don't know who influenced who, maybe all to all. Very French.

Seems unlikely Django influenced Erik Satie

I'd say I'm hearing some Kurt Weill too, no?

I can play a lot of it from the pdf I downloaded. Of course I am nowhere near the speed of Django or the Rosenbergs. lots of repeated phrases.

User Info Menu

That's really cool.
    I remember hearing some electric guitar recordings he did in 1953 where he was using what sounded like a little bit of feedback. Too bad he shuffled off this mortal coil so soon. Django had a lot of music still left in him.

User Info Menu

Big Raymond Scott vibes.