The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

yes, indeed.

found by a jazz researcher from the ukraine of all places. find his mailadress in the description and paypal him a fiver. this is historic stuff.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I waited almost my whole musical life for this,, thanks for posting!!

User Info Menu

Great video, D! Hank was another cursed poet of the Arts who died young and was addicted to heroin which resulted in prison time and eventually destroyed his lungs due to smoking and died of cancer. I heard him many times live in Chicago and he was a master musician. Mobley's voice was very similar to Coltrane's in both sound and style. Live music at its best!
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Wow, there must be a lot of sax players salivating over this! Although he's never been my favourite saxer, I think his lines are flawless and translate very well to other instruments. For guitarists, possibly more useful to transcribe than any other sax player, including some of my faves like Dexter, Rollins, MacLean etc. I always thought he was overlooked in his prime for his relatively weak tone, so he never "jumped out" as much as other guys. Tina Brooks had the same problem (even more so).

Shameful and criminal that such important artists lived shitty lives. Mobley was homeless in his later years...