The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Joel Harrison (who wrote Guitar Talk an excellent book of interviews and serious guitar heavy in his own right) revisited history and made a little history of his own when he set the stage for these heavies to play a night of playing combinations for these cats. Kurt playing with Frisell finally playing together after years of mutual admiration and playing sideman at different times to some great leaders... Sco and Stern together playing tunes from the Miles Davis book... Sco solo in the middle of all this...
    Joel ran a weeklong camp out by Woodstock NY where these players and more (Gilad Hekselman, Leni Stern, Julian Lage also taught and ran master classes too). THAT's a hang!
    Sco, Frisell, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Mike Stern sharing the stage at one event?-screen-shot-2022-08-28-7-15-39-am-png
    Together again , Jean Pierre. I don't think anybody ever thought they'd see that happen.
    Sco, Frisell, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Mike Stern sharing the stage at one event?-screen-shot-2022-08-28-7-38-57-am-png
    And then there are the two poets of jazz guitar
    Sco, Frisell, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Mike Stern sharing the stage at one event?-screen-shot-2022-08-28-7-44-39-am-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wish I was there! Enjoy

Took me a sec to recognise a hatless Kurt though haha

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    Wish I was there! Enjoy

Took me a sec to recognise a hatless Kurt though haha
    Everybody let their proverbial hair down, although being the veterans they are, literal hair is not what it once was! Deeper stories than ever were told in their playing.

User Info Menu

Man I wish there was a clip of this.