The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello all,

I've been loving these videos with Bill Frisell and Julian Lage playing together. Their styles are so complimentary! I'm definitely envious of the folks who attended this event

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

At first I just wanted them to play the damn song.

But it’s a nice exploration of this tune, with a lot of nice sonic elements thrown in. I hear a lot of Jim Hall influence on this.

Just magical; what a duet! Do they have an album together? I don't think so, right? I know there is one with Lage and Nels Cline.

Quote Originally Posted by uschmidtguitar
    Just magical; what a duet! Do they have an album together? I don't think so, right? I know there is one with Lage and Nels Cline.
    It looks like Bill is going to be on one of the tracks from Julian's upcoming album. That would be awesome though if they had an entire album together. Magical duet indeed!

User Info Menu

Wow, that was something! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Bill and Julian were an astonishing combination.

User Info Menu

It's worth all the lessons one could take!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan__Man;[URL="tel:1204919"
    1204919[/URL]]It looks like Bill is going to be on one of the tracks from Julian's upcoming album. That would be awesome though if they had an entire album together. Magical duet indeed!
    Not only on one of the tracks it seems. The announcement on Blue Note reads that Frisell adds rhythm throughout the album!

Quote Originally Posted by ModesSchmodes
    Not only on one of the tracks it seems. The announcement on Blue Note reads that Frisell adds rhythm throughout the album!
    Oh, that's awesome! I'm looking forward to that album.