The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

From Mike .....

"FREE DOWNLOAD: It’s been just over a year since I’ve released Keepin’ It Real, my most recent CD. I am proud of the music and the work that went into it. It received some really nice reviews and people said some crazy good stuff about it. But I’d like more people to hear it, of course, and to get a chance to hear a) Sol Hoopii’s Rickenbacher BD6 in action, though, sadly, not in his hands, b) that you can still get a ton of playing out of a 6 string C6 tuning, c) that the lap steel can do lots of other things than they tell you, and d) the guest soloists are dear friends and world-class musicians who make the world a better place and deserve to be heard. Yes, it’s jazz, and some a little challenging, but I want to open up ears.

Please download the music to your computer, phone or whatever and give a listen sometime. If it inspires someone a little, I’d be happy. Free download in all different formats."
    https://mikeneer.bandcamp.com/album/keepin-it-real
    Last edited by AndyV; 06-30-2022 at 06:03 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Many thanks for posting this, Andy.

Hawaiian steel guitar and ukulele playing McCoy Tyner, Clare Fischer, Wayne Shorter? West Coast Blues with Chris Crocco? Free?

It’s good summer listening.

User Info Menu

Apparently the download becomes free only after paying at least $8.99 ? (Bandcamp does allow to stream albums for free a few times, which is a very good approach IMHO.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Apparently the download becomes free only after paying at least $8.99 ? (Bandcamp does allow to stream albums for free a few times, which is a very good approach IMHO.)
    This is not true, I’ve set the price to $0.00 for this release. You click Buy Digital Album and then add 0 into Name Your Price box. Steelonious is still $8, though.

Bandcamp is pretty cool though.

User Info Menu

Oops, my bad. $8.99 is for the physical CD. Sorry about the noise.

This is a really refreshing record that deserves to be heard. While it is not groundbreaking when it comes to the classic jazz repertoire, it breaks new ground for 6-string steel guitar without pedals. Mike has solved some formidable technical issues to have the music speak beautifully and fluently through this instrument. Note to gear geeks - the guitar used throughout this CD was previously owned by the great Hawaiian steel virtuoso Sol Ho'opi'i. Grab this freebee while you can!