The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

While googling Julian's tour dates I stumbled upon this video on a German site:

Julian Lage | Video | Julian_Lage_Auditorium_FINAL_MASTER_1_46065-SD _960x540p.mp4

Looks like they jumped the gun with this, as it's not posted yet on Julian's social media. I believe this is a promo for the upcoming trio record featuring Bill Frisell! Julian has also played this tune in his recent solo shows. Check it out before it gets deleted!
    Last edited by ikusan; 06-18-2022 at 10:45 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, someone recently posted a video of him playing it live, right after Etude:

Official release:

The album version with Frisell is also on streaming platforms now. Album coming in September.

Wonderful news! Ever since I heard Auditorium I was wondering how long it would be until the next album. Man, he is really busy with his releases! Squint only came out last year!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Yes, someone recently posted a video of him playing it live, right after Etude:

One of my favorite young guitarists out there today.

User Info Menu

Got the announcement via the mailing list today. The odd thing is that although it's marketed as

Auditorium started as a kind of a mini orchestral study for one guitar - the bass voice anchoring each section with a floating melody on top, and at times, a third voice floating above that. As this project emerged, it made perfect sense to arrange this for two guitars, bass and drums. In doing so, the piece took on a whole new life that in many respects represents the DNA of this whole album. -Julian
    there is only one guitar in the video

Anyway, my two fave guitarists on one record - can't wait!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikusan
    Official release:

The album version with Frisell is also on streaming platforms now. Album coming in September.

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve;[URL="tel:1204051"
    1204051[/URL]]Got the announcement via the mailing list today. The odd thing is that although it's marketed as

there is only one guitar in the video

Anyway, my two fave guitarists on one record - can't wait!
    Yeah I was also a bit surprised when I listened to the streaming version which includes Frisell. But I have to say, the two work fabulously together! It's a completely different orchestration. Really looking forward to the album.

User Info Menu

Here is the new video preview,

again w/o Frisell.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Just saw that Jules is playing with the Bad Plus with Monder. Is that going to be amazing or what?