The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Jazzed that I get to finally hear Leo live tonight (on tour with Chris Botti)!

Have been following him ever since seeing this video clip on the Sadowsky website 10 years ago, shopping for my JH….

Here is some more recent stuff:

With the fabulous Trijntje Oosterhuis:

And with the incredible Ivan Lins:

Here is his YouTube channel… enjoy!

https://youtube.com/c/LeoAmuedo

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's funny, yebdox--I also bought a Jim Hall (my avatar) after seeing this exact same clip of the Sadowsky semi-hollow and the other Sadowsky demos that Leo did!

Enjoy the show! I would love to hear what you think afterwards if you feel like posting.

(I'm not sure Leo is still playing Sadowskys, but that's no matter.)

User Info Menu

One of the things I particularly enjoy about this forum is being introduced to new (to me) artists. Here's another one. Thank you!

User Info Menu

He's great, i also follow him on Instagram, where he frequently posts great playing!

User Info Menu

Great show, never saw/heard Chris Botti live before. Kind of a "revue" of sorts, every musician was incredibly talented, bass player, drummer, young keyboard player from Estonia (Holgar Marjamaa), 3 singers (2 female, one male tenor - in particular, Veronica Swift has amazing star talent!) Great sax by Andy Snitzer, thoughtful soloing by Botti. Leo played well, but was not featured quite as much as the other players, to my minor disappointment. I was talking him up to the woman next to me and there were only a few highlights, including some "rocking out" solo spots that, TBH, are not Leo's strong suit. But still, great chops - Yamaha Silent nylon and Marchione HH strat. Great comping, picture perfect behind Botti in a duo setting.

New to me: Veronica Swift, Holgar Marjamaa and Andy Snitzer. Drummer was killing it as well... Lee Pearson. Seriously, everyone could play the SH... out of anything... blues, bop, pop jazz, latin. I love to see a band with depth. Brings to mind James Taylor's backup band, that usually includes Larry Goldings, Mike Landau, Steve Gadd, Jimmy Johnson, etc... I shudder to think of the depth and history of those players!

Anyway, highly recommend it. Not sure how to categorize this, as it obviously had some pop appeal... lots of seniors in the audience, kind of a PBS crowd, but very well played, good exposure for up and coming artists, and of course, keeps Leo in picks and strings!

Line up:
    Chris Botti Band - 2022

• Chris Botti – Trumpet
    • Lee Pearson – Drums
    • Reggie Hamilton – Bass
    • Leonardo Amuedo – Guitar
    • Holger Marjamaa – Piano
    • Chad LB – Saxophone
    • Anastasiia Mazurok – Violin
    • Alicia Olatuja – Vocals
    • Veronica Swift – Vocals
    • Jonathan Johnson – Vocals

User Info Menu

Hey Alter, I bought your acoustic album, very nice!

User Info Menu

Leonardo has what all great musicians have: musical intuition. For me, it is best shown in "Comecar de Novo" and especially in "Alfie" where he interacts musically with the vocalist . . . especially, harmonically, with pleasing interactive dissonance played against the vocal melody. Very nice young player.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Leonardo has what all great musicians have: musical intuition. For me, it is best shown in "Comecar de Novo" and especially in "Alfie" where he interacts musically with the vocalist . . . especially, harmonically, with pleasing interactive dissonance played against the vocal melody. Very nice young player.
    Marinero
    Everyone is young to me (at 66) but, yes, very gifted accompanist. I think he's in his 50's at this point.

Love all the clips with Trinjtje at North Sea from around 2012 or 2014 (that's my youtube channel, which exists solely to preserve that performance!)

User Info Menu

". I think he's in his 50's at this point.? yedbox

Hi, Y,
    It must be the Brunello!
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    ". I think he's in his 50's at this point.? yedbox

Hi, Y,
    It must be the Brunello!
    Marinero
    I think red wine is still considered heart healthy… along with black coffee, salmon, blueberries, pistachios and macadamias…. All among my weaknesses, so guess i’ll be forced to stick around. Someone has to listen to all this great music!