The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

I'm sure everyone is aware of Lage Lund, his sound has changed over the years which I really love.
    I just listened to his Standards album the other day, haven't heard it in ages and just loved his archtop tone on it.
    It's from 2011ish I believe, anyone know what guitar, amp, pedals Lage was using at this time?
    Thank you.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think back then Lage was playing a Fender D'Aquisto. No idea on pedals or amps though.

User Info Menu

Thanks! It actually seems pretty straight ahead tone wise so possibly guitar into amp, sounds great though!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JamiepGuitar
    Thanks! It actually seems pretty straight ahead tone wise so possibly guitar into amp, sounds great though!
    I agree!

If you haven't heard it, more of that great sound on David Sanchez's "Cultural Survival." One of my favorite records.

User Info Menu

I think he tried for a moment Sadowsky arch-top.
    Actual he is playing on guitar made Stefan Schottmueller.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I think he tried for a moment Sadowsky arch-top.
    Actual he is playing on guitar made Stefan Schottmueller.
    Yeah, Lage had definitely played a few different guitars through the years. He had that short scale Gibson for a while, too, and I definitely saw him pictured with a D'Angelico (current model, not vintage, I think) a few times as well. If you beleive album covers, the Sadowsky is around the time of Small Club, Big City...

But basically, as a lot of great players do--he sounds like Lage Lund no matter what guitar he's playing.

User Info Menu

Can't help with the gear question but thank you for the tip, never heard this album - and I really enjoy it now

User Info Menu

If i remember correctly in this concert with Sanchez , Lage have some problems with amp but anyway i think sounds awesome.And really love these old D’Aquisto Fender’s

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I agree!

If you haven't heard it, more of that great sound on David Sanchez's "Cultural Survival." One of my favorite records.
    Thanks for this, wasn't familiar with it. Have it on now.

User Info Menu

I think he was using the Sadowsky Jim Hall at that time (around the same time he did the Jazz Heaven instructional video with that guitar)

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure it was a Korean made DAngelico Excel. I remember seeing him list the guitar for sale and mentioning it was used on that album.

User Info Menu

For the standards album, I'm pretty sure he used his Fender D'Aquisto, which I think was his main gear for those years, but on the cover, I see the DAngelico Excel, so that's a bit confusing.

User Info Menu

I think he used a Redstone RS-8 cab on this record, it used to be on Redstone site as a "clip".

Any iea of the pick he's using ?