The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    User Info Menu


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    I love this video...not just because I think he's one of the underrated greats of ALL TIME, but because, here he is playing a Godin after playing that 175 for his entire career...and he sounds...just like himself.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Grappelli didn't call him Young Django for no reason:


  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Maybe he played all the notes out of that old 175, it happens, ask Pat Metheny.

    A beautiful player.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I love this video...not just because I think he's one of the underrated greats of ALL TIME, but because, here he is playing a Godin after playing that 175 for his entire career...and he sounds...just like himself.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    I love this tune:


  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I love this video...not just because I think he's one of the underrated greats of ALL TIME, but because, here he is playing a Godin after playing that 175 for his entire career...and he sounds...just like himself.
    A Godin 5th Avenue Jazz to be exact. I just picked up a similar guitar a month ago (used), except mine has a flame maple top. Amazing guitar for the money.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    A Godin 5th Avenue Jazz to be exact. I just picked up a similar guitar a month ago (used), except mine has a flame maple top. Amazing guitar for the money.
    Actually, I think Philip is playing the short lived (and cheaper) Composer model.

    At any rate, that jazz you picked up is a top notch guitar. Its been a while since I played one, but the one I played was outstanding.

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Actually, I think Philip is playing the short lived (and cheaper) Composer model.

    At any rate, that jazz you picked up is a top notch guitar. Its been a while since I played one, but the one I played was outstanding.

    You might be right. I forgot about the Composer model.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet. This is the only album I could find where Gordon plays with a guitar player other than a live album that featured George Benson. That is what makes this album something-different:

    Last edited by jameslovestal; 05-21-2022 at 03:09 PM.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Benson plays on some tracks of Dexter‘s album Gotham City, ca. 1980.


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet. This is the only album I could find where Gordon plays with a guitar player other than a live album that featured George Benson. That is what makes this album something-different:

    This is a great record

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    I dig the phase shifter pedal.

    Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet.

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Actually, I think Philip is playing the short lived (and cheaper) Composer model.

    At any rate, that jazz you picked up is a top notch guitar. Its been a while since I played one, but the one I played was outstanding.
    I saw him in 2021 two times, always playing his old ES 175.