The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

deleted to avoid arguments
    Last edited by thelostboss; 08-02-2022 at 05:56 AM. Reason: deleted to avoid arguments

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love this video...not just because I think he's one of the underrated greats of ALL TIME, but because, here he is playing a Godin after playing that 175 for his entire career...and he sounds...just like himself.

User Info Menu

Grappelli didn't call him Young Django for no reason:

User Info Menu

Maybe he played all the notes out of that old 175, it happens, ask Pat Metheny.

A beautiful player.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I love this video...not just because I think he's one of the underrated greats of ALL TIME, but because, here he is playing a Godin after playing that 175 for his entire career...and he sounds...just like himself.

User Info Menu

I love this tune:

User Info Menu

A Godin 5th Avenue Jazz to be exact. I just picked up a similar guitar a month ago (used), except mine has a flame maple top. Amazing guitar for the money.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    A Godin 5th Avenue Jazz to be exact. I just picked up a similar guitar a month ago (used), except mine has a flame maple top. Amazing guitar for the money.
    Actually, I think Philip is playing the short lived (and cheaper) Composer model.

At any rate, that jazz you picked up is a top notch guitar. Its been a while since I played one, but the one I played was outstanding.

User Info Menu

Actually, I think Philip is playing the short lived (and cheaper) Composer model.

At any rate, that jazz you picked up is a top notch guitar. Its been a while since I played one, but the one I played was outstanding.

You might be right. I forgot about the Composer model.

User Info Menu

Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet. This is the only album I could find where Gordon plays with a guitar player other than a live album that featured George Benson. That is what makes this album something-different:

Last edited by jameslovestal; 05-21-2022 at 03:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Benson plays on some tracks of Dexter‘s album Gotham City, ca. 1980.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet. This is the only album I could find where Gordon plays with a guitar player other than a live album that featured George Benson. That is what makes this album something-different:

This is a great record

User Info Menu

I dig the phase shifter pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Dexter Gordon selected Catherine as a guitar player instead of his typical piano player for this first rate quartet.

User Info Menu

I saw him in 2021 two times, always playing his old ES 175.