The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I occasionally came across it Peter Bernstein FB page and I found no mention here on the forum about it.
    Peter Mazza goes through hard times and needs support.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sorry to read about Peter Mazza's condition. Is there a GoFundMe me link? I'd like to chip in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Sorry to read about Peter Mazza's condition. Is there a GoFundMe me link? I'd like to chip in something.
    There is the link.

But please check his FB (or Peter Bernstein's FB - it is there too)

PS
    I cannot get to the link as it is connected to Amazon Cloud Service somehow and Amazon blocked this service for my location because of notorious events

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    There is the link.

But please check his FB (or Peter Bernstein's FB - it is there too)

PS
    I cannot get to the link as it is connected to Amazon Cloud Service somehow and Amazon blocked this service for my location because of notorious events
    I see it now.Thank you. Bad eyesight on my part.

User Info Menu

Hi everyone.

The direct link to the GoFundMe campaign in support of Peter is here: Fundraiser for Peter Mazza by Dave Bricker : Support from the Jazz Guitar Community

I've spoken on the phone to Peter a couple of times in the last week. He has just been discharged from hospital but the process of recovery is in it's early stages. He has been able to walk a little with a frame but will require a lot of physical therapy to regain the sensation in his hands and feet.

Peter yesterday posted some updates to the GoFundMe page setting out his situation and how the funds will be used to support him and his family.

User Info Menu

so how is he doing these days?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by djg
    so how is he doing these days?
    His hands have made a good recovery and he is playing the guitar again. He still has strong neuropathy in his feet but his mobility is improving.

He is giving a solo guitar concert online on 7 October. His first performance since his illness. Ticket link here: A Celebration of Healing/Peter Mazza Reemerges post GBS! Solo Guitar Night! Tickets, Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 9:00 PM | Eventbrite

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    His hands have made a good recovery and he is playing the guitar again. He still has strong neuropathy in his feet but his mobility is improving.

He is giving a solo guitar concert online on 7 October. His first performance since his illness. Ticket link here: A Celebration of Healing/Peter Mazza Reemerges post GBS! Solo Guitar Night! Tickets, Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 9:00 PM | Eventbrite
    Awesome news! Many people make a complete recovery from Guillaine Barre', but it must have been devastating. Such a great player and very, very nice human being.

Life can be so fragile for so many. Lots to be grateful for, especially resilience. Eat well, exercise, save money, heal your relationships, have a side gig, breathe fresh air, get a dog, take care of your parents, neighbors, friends. Try to give more than you can ever get and it all tends to work out.

User Info Menu

More great news: Peter is performing this Thursday, 01 Dec, at Mezzrow! Glad he's healthy and getting out there! [Watch live at Smallslive.com , too!]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    More great news: Peter is performing this Thursday, 01 Dec, at Mezzrow! Glad he's healthy and getting out there! [Watch live at Smallslive.com , too!]
    Watching the first set now! Link: Log into Facebook | Facebook