The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Two painters at work.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, this is fantastic! No offense to Bill, but Norah is why I will be watching this thing... love her, love her music.

I wondered why they did not get all the original musicians for this... like Adam Levy... I just now looked up the album credits, and what do you know- Bill Frisell is on there as well. I did not know that. I didn't know of Frisell when the album came out.

User Info Menu

Very interesting collaboration! And great video and concert/

Thank you for sharing!

User Info Menu

Four painters. Thanks for posting this.

User Info Menu

For those interested, this is available for purchase- in a "Super deluxe set" box set thing. I just bought mine!

Amazon.com

Here's the full story:

BLUE NOTE ANNOUNCES 20th ANNIVERSARY SUPER DELUXE EDITION OF NORAH JONES’ SEMINAL DEBUT ALBUM COME AWAY WITH ME — Norah Jones

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Wow, this is fantastic! No offense to Bill, but Norah is why I will be watching this thing... love her, love her music.

I wondered why they did not get all the original musicians for this... like Adam Levy... I just now looked up the album credits, and what do you know- Bill Frisell is on there as well. I did not know that. I didn't know of Frisell when the album came out.

yes they are all there on original recordings but not in every song.

User Info Menu

That was one of the most enjoyable music things I've watched in a long time. Reminded me of Darryl's House (except it's mellow and jazzy, not poppy and rocky LOL). Both very cool... you don't get to see interactions of the players much these days, and the way they filmed that was was spectacular. I hope they release it as a DVD, I will buy one.

I had never heard of Allaire Studios either- looks like a gorgeous place!!