The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

...just picking myself up off the floor after hearing this.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You hear Jack playing some blues on a ($100 Squier) Strat and you think cool, nice player. Then you find him playing a completely different style and start to realize the depth of the man's melodic resources. Tommy is a showman, with infectious energy. Pretty great stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    You hear Jack playing some blues on a ($100 Squier) Strat and you think cool, nice player. Then you find him playing a completely different style and start to realize the depth of the man's melodic resources. Tommy is a showman, with infectious energy. Pretty great stuff.
    Well, due to inflation those Squiers have gone up to $115. He has a lot of guitars--mentions a Gibson 330 in interviews--but seems to like playing those Squiers.

Tommy is one of our best flattop pickers around, and it's always great to see someone like that play with someone who's a great player but not as well known. Jack has a nice singing voice too.

User Info Menu

Just goes to show ya, players don't have to be "jazzers" to kill on this stuff! I love seeing non-genre players play "out of their wheelhouse" (altho it's obvious pretty much anything is in THESE guys' wheelhouses).

Sounds like a Bossa nova version with Jack's rhythm work.

User Info Menu

Well, Jack certainly sings nicer than I do and he's more all-genre than non-genre, IMHO.