The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Why hasn’t anyone told me about this album before?

I have heard Kamasi before, but never listened to this album in detail. Quite a trip.

And the final song—Message—I was wondering who the guitarist was—great tone and great chops—and a quick google search revealed it was Thundercat on 6-string bass. Great stuff.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mr. Beaumont posted him in the listening thread. Others might have too. I learned of so much great music from that thread. Much better than AI based streaming !

User Info Menu

I saw him live the summer before covid--I was a fan already, but that took it to a whole 'nother level.

I'm sure you can argue big, sprawling music like this with relatively simple harmony and long improvisations has been done and done again, but I love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I saw him live the summer before covid.
    Here we only have one radio station that plays jazz. It's a classical station during the daytime.

After collecting my son from scouts we heard Kamashi on this station. I bought the CD for my son and when we found out that he was playing 300k away we went up and down on the bus the same day. The concert was excellent, definitely world class but more importantly memories were made.

User Info Menu

I bought this when it came out, after hearing one track played on KRTU out of San Antonio. When I saw it was 3CDs and his first album, with the hubris to name it The Epic, I thought "The balls on this guy." But he (and all the players) absolutely backed it up. I couldn't believe it. It truly was EPIC. An absolute career-making artistic manifesto. Music of extraordinary creativity, lovingly executed, and incredibly well produced.