The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That stream ^ is like 2 a.m. here. Pity because I've recently taken to going to bed early.

Love Randalu's composition and inspired playing in the clip I posted. Extremely cool music.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    That stream ^ is like 2 a.m. here. Pity because I've recently taken to going to bed early.

Love Randalu's composition and inspired playing in the clip I posted. Extremely cool music.
    In the past there's been a 48 hour window in the following days where it can be watched on demand.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The guy doing the interview is Professor K. Pádraig O'Kane. From his bio:

About Me:
    I have spent my entire professional life playing and teaching. I taught at the University of Miami Frost School of Music in the Studio Music and Jazz Performance program for nearly 20yrs. I currently teach at the Miami International University and have been there for 14 years. I have had a private guitar teaching practice since 1992. Teaching is my life.

He has done some interesting analysis of some good modern players like Josh Meader and Matteo Mancuso
    Streetwise Guitar - YouTube

User Info Menu

Just saw Ben last night with the Bad Plus. Saw him two weeks in a duo with Theo Bleckmann. Two sides of one of the most diverse instrumental masters alive. Unreal in both dates.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banksia
    Loved the way Ben responded to the questions. Total empathy as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Oh I keep forgetting he’s in the Bad Plus now

Love this performance of Donny with Ben Monder! A classic!

Last edited by uschmidtguitar; 06-16-2022 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Needed to add some words

User Info Menu

Heard a sneak preview of the new Bad Plus album the other day… sounded great!

i really appreciate Bens attention to texture and sound. He’s a raving virtuoso obviously, but he’s really brilliant at not being a raving virtuoso if that makes any sense.