The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Maybe I missed it but I can't find a thread on the tribute concerts for Mick. Watched both online - great stuff!
    The Berklee concert is still available to watch the Alternative Guitar Summit for Mick isn't anymore, I fear.
    For me the highlights were the duos of Julian Lage and Wolfgang Muthspiel (both concerts) and Julian's duo with Tim Miller (Berklee). Ben Monder's eight-minute solo piece was not from this world...
    Check the Berklee concert out, here:

https://college.berklee.edu/.../mick-goodrick-legacy-concert

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It struck me that everyone had such an individual personal sound, and nobody sounded like Mick...at all. Yet when they played together, it was undeniable that they shared something that was unlike anything else.
    The New York show also had Steve Cardenas on the stage. And Ben Monder pre-recorded. Unreal.
    Tim Miller played about a half dozen solo pieces dedicated to Mick. Wonderfully intimate unaccompanied guitar.
    Mike Stern and Bill Frisell also weighed in, and Wayne Krantz too. So many sides of the Goodrick well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead
    Maybe I missed it but I can't find a thread on the tribute concerts for Mick.
    The Alternative Guitar Summit this year honors Mick Goodrick

Man, I'm getting old - I even posted in this thread....