The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A lot that's of interest to us jazz guitarists - like his story about ignoring Benny Goodmn's cues.

https://amhistory.si.edu/jazz/Benson...Transcript.pdf

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Amazing - thanks for posting!

User Info Menu

That is beyond amazing! I am not a huge Benson fan for his pop stuff (even though I've owned a GB10 almost 40 years), but I also knew nothing about his background. This was just fascinating to read (I'm only up to page 82) and puts such context to his music. Thanks!

User Info Menu

THis interview seems to be like synopsis of his autobiography which was great reading though in my opinion sometimes he tries too much to make it too pleasing for anyone (but he does the same thing in music)

I am not a huge Benson fan for his pop stuff
    Funny that I began to listen to a lot more of his pop records during past decade and I really love them... getting older? Too sentimental?

User Info Menu

I have not read his autobiography; this rather condensed version provided a context for the music he plays, which may help me appreciate the pop/R&B type stuff more than I do. And even though I haven't been much of a fan of his pop type music, it has always been obvious to me that his talent and chops on the instrument (as well as his vocal abilities) are as good as anyone's on the planet and better than most.

and he helped design a hell of a guitar.

User Info Menu

to anyone interested
    Attached Images Attached Images George Benson Interview - oral history project-img_5154001-jpg