The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Milt Jackson is my favorite soloist right now. I like how he always keeps the momentum with the rhythm of his lines, and then is either doing something pretty interesting with the notes to downright maximumly catchy and melodic.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is one fine quartet:

User Info Menu

fortunate to catch him w the above band except Cedar Walton instead of Joe Pass, and a bunch of times w the Modern Jazz Quartet. also a guitar player....

User Info Menu

The last time there was anything good on the telly:

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    This is one fine quartet:
    Nice pairing of the vibes with guitar. Joe is such an intelligent player. He sounds like a little piano while comping behind Milt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    Nice pairing of the vibes with guitar. Joe is such an intelligent player. He sounds like a little piano while comping behind Milt.
    I find the two albums this Quartet did together have my favor Joe comping. I believe it is vibes with guitar that is a main reason; I can hear each instrument clearly; Often with piano and guitar the guitar is drowned out \ overshadowed by the pianist.

I just noticed that the whole band plays the head on straight no chaser. I can't recall hearing that very much before.

User Info Menu

Sister Sanctified... Stanley Turrentine with Milt Jackson and Cornell Dupree

User Info Menu

I just noticed that the whole band plays the head on straight no chaser. I can't recall hearing that very much before.
    Happens all the time at jam sessions.

User Info Menu

Plenty, Plenty Soul is a great album. The title cut is killer: