The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    Klark Kent
    Album
    Klark Kent is the debut solo album of Stewart Copeland, and the first solo album recorded by any band member of The Police. The album was released in 1980 as a 10 inch EP on green vinyl.Wikipedia

You sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oops. You’re right. I knew that, I just mistyped. I get ‘em mixed up. They’re not a one-name guy like “Sting”.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Police are iconic but I once saw Andy with his own jazz project at the North Sea Jazz Festival and didn’t like it at all - couldn’t sit the set out and walked away…..

But of course, I’m jealous he made $150 million, wouldn’t mind doing so too….. Jeez, €150 million!! How on earth do you spend that? I’d keep a few and give the rest to my daughter and charity I suppose.

User Info Menu

I have seen Summers a few times in jazz settings. I liked it. BTW, he is 79 years old now. When you think about it he is one the oldest rock/pop musicians of the rock star era. Kinda amazing IMHO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    I have seen Summers a few times in jazz settings. I liked it. BTW, he is 79 years old now. When you think about it he is one the oldest rock/pop musicians of the rock star era. Kinda amazing IMHO.
    Grace Slick is 82. Put that in your hookah and smoke it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Grace Slick is 82. Put that in your hookah and smoke it.
    I was thinking more in terms of rock stars that made in the 1980s. Summers was 35 when The Police started. Kinda late in age for the punk movement I think. Probably one of the reasons for their success was that he was a seasoned pro by that time if not even earlier.

User Info Menu

I was thinking more in terms of rock stars that made in the 1980s. Summers was 35 when The Police started. Kinda late in age for the punk movement I think. Probably one of the reasons for their success was that he was a seasoned pro by that time if not even earlier.
    I see your point. Yes over 30 is LATE for a singer or guitar slinger to get started in a rock outfit.

Though I still have a fantasy of putting together an alt-country outfit that will take the Midwest by storm.

"I hope Neil Young will remember,
    An Iowa man don't need him around, anyhow..."

User Info Menu

Andy was top dog in that band, when it comes to career and as a musician .. no doubt about that.

But the other had lived off music too

Sting had a steady gig with Last Exit for for many years before leaving Newcastle for London. They never released any records, so here is a collection of demos and what not of various quality .. a couple prototype versions of future Police and Sting songs

And Stewart was in Curved Air who admittedly had they best years in the early 70s before he joined but still. He was on two of their records in 76-76 and btw married lead singer Sonja Kristina. The records Stewart was on didn't break the charts unlike their earlier stuff, but as I understand it they where a popular live act

Here is a live performance with Stewart on drums

Anyways ... I'm sure that the main driver in the band with regards to pushing it and creating opportunities was Stewart (and his brothers)
    Last edited by Lobomov; 01-27-2022 at 04:15 PM.