The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

New interview from the Dr. Jazz Talks interview series, this time BOBBY BROOM – amazing guitarist and composer, one of the best modern straight-ahead jazz guitarists around since the 1980s… talk about Bobby's beginnings and influences, being a bandleader, playing with Dr. John, Miles Davis, Kenny Burrell, Sonny Rollins and others, the NYC jazz scene, his improvisational and compositional approaches, etc…

cheers, jules

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool, thanks for posting.. Bobby's probably my favorite living player.

User Info Menu

He’s definitely right up there for me as well. Such a unique rhythmic feel and a great sense of narrative. Apart from his trio albums, I really love the solo renditions of standards that Bobby posts on YouTube.

User Info Menu

Me too. I can't stop listening to his Monk album.

User Info Menu

His trio puts on a fantastic live show—like a jazz version of the power trio. So much energy.

User Info Menu

I listened over three sessions. Somehow I found this the most inspiring chat ever! I hadn’t heard of him and was making notes - like with Miles in Minneapolis. But missed out on name of bass player he lived with (not Victor Wooten). I thought it was another Victor. Meantime going Bmaj D7 Gmaj Bb7 Emaj. I had never before even approached Giant Steps also not on keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Victor Bailey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    Victor Bailey.
    Yes! My jazz guitar education becomes jazz after 1950 education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk