The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Shake a puddin, that brings back memories. My mom thought we had to use hot water and the cup exploded all over me.

I too remember Shake a Puddin as well as Frosty the Snowcone maker, Easy-Bake Ovens, Creepy Crawlers ... all these 60s things for kids that would never pass current safety standards but sure were fun. Except for strange one-of like this one, practically the only mainstream entertainment shows where jazz guitarists popped up were the talk shows like Carson and Griffin.

User Info Menu

Back then there was nothing unusual about a mashup like that. (Now John Coltrane backing Dolly Parton...that I'd like to see.) That was apparently before Liza met Bob Fosse.

BTW, Liza was quite a talent. Came across this rather funny impersonation by Kristen Wiig...

User Info Menu

What a crazy way to make a snack. All those plastics pots will be in landfill for the next couple of centuries.

These clips are taken from episode 5.13 of the Hollywood Palace, which aired on 12th December 1967. Herb Alpert was the guest host. Other guests included Bert Bacharach, the Baja Marimba Band, and Boyce and Hart. Sérgio Mendes and Brasil '66 can be seen in the first clip.

User Info Menu

Looks like Wes went wireless.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Looks like Wes went wireless.
    Pick-less too. He was always ahead of his time.

Fast forward a year or 2 to when Liza went braless...