The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Roman Viazovskiy is an astounding player as well.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Roland Dyens (who arranged the piece above) was a great musician, arranged a number of standards for CG

User Info Menu

Some really interesting ideas in both of those arrangements.

User Info Menu

Wow, M,
    Roman is a monster player! Most CG's could not play this piece with that type of feel since it is so expressionistic and really goes way beyond the written notes to execute properly. And, Dyens' arrangements are a real challenge to any guitarist since they are technically and harmonically so complex. I could name 10 world class CG's with untouchable reputations as musicians who could never play this piece as it was meant to be performed. Five Stars! *****
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Wow, M,
    Roman is a monster player!...
    I don't know why, but it seems that eastern Europe has produced some
    truly exceptional classical players in the last few years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    I don't know why, but it seems that eastern Europe has produced some
    truly exceptional classical players in the last few years.
    Hi, M,
    The best CG's performing today(as a group) are Eastern European. I believe it is because of an education system that mandates a very selective admittance policy and provides a truly Classical education taught by "Old World" professors while maintaining strict, verifiable standards. Here, in the USA, we still have some fine musical institutions but standards and acceptance, in many cases, are tainted by political-sociological parameters and a reluctance by some institutions to maintain levels of quantifiable excellence. Then, there's the happenstance of History as we saw with Art and Music in Germany and Italy during/after the Renaissance and and the explosion of American Fiction/Poetry in the early to middle 20th century. For the record, I listen exclusively to European performers of Classical Guitar for enjoyment. Thanks for the great post.
    Marinero