The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
    Dutchbopper Guest
    Here is my favourite Jesse van Ruller album on Youtube. Full album! It seems to be a legal upload so I don't mind sharing it.

I remember speaking to Jesse van Ruller at the Crow just a few weeks prior to his departure to the States to record it. We had invited him for a jam and I was so excited to have played with him that night.

Anyway. Jazz guitar does not get better than this.

At the time he was still playing his old Levin guitar. He ran over it later with his car.

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Here is my favourite Jesse van Ruller album on Youtube. Full album! It seems to be a legal upload so I don't mind sharing it.

I remember speaking to Jesse van Ruller at the Crow just a few weeks prior to his departure to the States to record it. We had invited him for a jam and I was so excited to have played with him that night.

At the time he was still playing his old Levin guitar. He ran over it later with his car.

DB

This was the first I ever heard of him...I think at someone's suggestion here? Maybe yours?

It still positively SMOKES.

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    This was the first I ever heard of him...I think at someone's suggestion here? Maybe yours? It still positively SMOKES.
    That may well be the case yes.

I have posted the recorded solos of Jesse at that night at the Crow in december 2000 too here several times. Won't hurt to listen to post these again here for Newbies. I cut out all the others because the man was on a different planet than us mortals. The complete solos at the Crow:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper

DB

DB ,
    Thanks for the link.
    I have a few JvR cds.
    He is one of the best guitarists in the world.
    Playing with him on stage is a great event in the world of jazz guitar.
    DB...You are a lucky man.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

"This was the first I ever heard of him ..."

Jeff.This can not be true.

User Info Menu

Yes, he is definitely one of the best. Great album!

Do you have a Levin, DB?

User Info Menu

He's my favorite current player. Check out his Live at Murphy's Law cd in Spotify!

Or this live duet, where he also plays more current stuff

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Do you have a Levin, DB?
    No, I have played a few but never felt the urge to get one myself. They have carved tops usually. I kind of prefer laminates. Also, some do not have truss rods.

DB

User Info Menu

This looks like an interesting JVR recording, unfortunately it seems it was only released in Japan and is now out of print.

My favourite JVR album is on Youtube-80e52a46-60d9-4355-9b10-17ebb655175b-jpeg

User Info Menu

Spotify has it. The YouTube video anyway